Good morning! Just popping in to tell you I have a Halloween project on the SRM blog today! Here is a little sneak peek of my project! Head on over there for full details!
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Monday, September 29, 2014
This past weekend I had my camera in tow everywhere we went. Cortney had a professional shoot with a Chicago photographer, Jeff from Rebirth Photo. I took pictures of him taking pictures of Cort. Totally makes sense right? We had done the photo shoot at Lincoln Park Zoo. I hadn't been there for years, and I have to say it is a truly beautiful zoo. I seriously had my camera in front of my face the entire time. This lion...amazing right? We walked the Lincoln Park area and I took a few photos of the historic Brownstones. Brian snapped a quick photo of me on our walk. We went to a trendy restaurant on Halsted street called, Summer House. The food was amazing!
Cortney had received a gorgeous one of a kind coat from a sweet lady, Ellen. She is owner of Kaleidoscope Wear. She makes each one of a kind coat with so much love and thought to detail. I loved the coat so much that I am getting one too! So I guess when mine is done, we may have to do a mother daughter session! ;)
We went apple picking yesterday....but I was too tired to upload and edit the photos. So those will be coming at a later date. So this is why I have nothing crafty to share. I've been spending my time on my photography skills. Time with my family. Creating memories. My youngest is going to college in less than a year. I need to enjoy these days...they are fleeting. Thank you for humoring me.....and letting me share other passions in my life! HAve a great day!
Friday, September 26, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Saturday, September 20, 2014
With fall arriving early this year my family and I had a hankering for soup. They love French Onion and I wanted a recipe that would taste as good as a restaurant's. So the search began.
I found a delicious recipe from Allrecipes.comI love that it can be made in the slow cooker too.
6 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
4 large yellow onions, sliced and separated into rings
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon white sugar
8 slices of french bread
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1/2 cup cooking sherry
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
7 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon sea salt to taste
1. Heat butter in large pot over medium-high. Cook and stir onions until they become translucent, about 10 min. Sprinkle onions with sugar; reduce heat to medium. Cook stirring constantly, until onions are soft and browned, at least 30 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
2. Stir in sherry (I didn't have sherry and used red cooking wine as a substitute) into onion mixture and scrape bottom of pot to dissolve small bits of browned food from the pot. Transfer onions into a slow cooker and pour in beef broth. Season to taste with salt, stir in thyme and bay leaf. Cover cooker. Set on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
3. About 10 min. before serving, set oven rack about 8 inches from the heat source and preheat oven't broiler. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet.
4. Broil bread slices until toasted. 1-2 min. per side
5. Combine cheeses in a bowl. Fill oven-safe soup crocks 3/4 full with soup and float bread slice on top. Top with cheese mixture.
6. Place filled bowls onto a baking sheet and broil until cheese is lightly browned and bubbling. About 2 minutes.
My family really enjoyed this recipe and it truly was a comfort food!