Friday, October 10, 2014

Love and Support the Girls

Today I am up on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog with a little tutorial on how I created my card.  I used this pretty vintage image from Crafty Secrets called, Love and Support.  The image was colored using my Copics.  (Which had collected a wee bit of dust....since I've been on such a water coloring kick lately!)
I added a bit of glitter, ribbon, string, and these pretty pink photo corners from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.
The embossed pieces and matte were both from Spellbinders.  Rounded Squares and Decorative Labels Twenty-Two

I have a 3 day weekend, and am so happy to have a couple of days to relax and spend some time with my family.  I am hoping to take Kyle's senior (sniff, sniff) pictures this weekend.  Cort has a few things to model, and I hope to get it all in!
Have a great weekend friends!

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Trick or Treat

Good morning! 
I have a Halloween card to share with you that was published awhile back in Northridge's Cricut magazine.  The card was created using my Cricut and the Creative Holiday Card's cartridge.  I added lots of glitter to the spider webs and Flower Soft to the spider.  Everyone knows creepy spiders should be extra "fuzzy!" 

The sentiment and little black frame behind it are from JustRite's Boo-tiful Cameo's stamp set.  I added a bit of orange and black twine, a few black pearls, and a bit of inking.
Have a wonderful Thursday!
Thank you for stopping by in your busy day!

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Card Using Scraps! (Take Two!)

Those of you that follow my blog, know that I tend to hoard my scraps and "leftover" pieces that go into a "reject" pile.  Sometimes when I look at my ever growing pile, I feel inspired and see new combinations that I may not have normally seen. 
I am not sure if I love this card, or hate it.  
But that is what creating is about. 
Thinking outside of your comfort zone.
So with these leftovers, I created what could easily be a wedding, anniversary, or feminine birthday card.  The sentiment is from SRM STickers.  I cut up a pink striped straw to add a bit of interest to my watercolored flower.  I added glitter, string, epoxy dots, and a blue frame using a Spellbinder's die. 
There are a lot of things going on with this card.  It is as far away from a CAS card as you can get! LOL! 
I am sure with the amount of stuff I have laying all over my desk, that another "reject" card will be created in the near future.  ;)
I am off to a field trip today with my 5th graders to learn about the French fur trade. 
Wish me luck! (and warmth!)

Monday, October 6, 2014

Crafty Secret's Design Team Challenge and Linky Party!

Good morning to you on this cool October day!
Today is the first Monday of the month, which means it is time for the Crafty Secret's design team challenge! This month's theme was fall......certainly easy enough to do! I have a Halloween tree and love creating my own ornaments for it. This would also make a great tag for a Halloween present too!
I created a few fun embellishments and an interactive shaker element.
Give the frame a shake and the sequins move.  :)
So here is the scoop on how I made this little number. 
I've had this frame laying around for AGES! It was purchased at Michaels in their Christmas department. I used an image from the Halloween Cotton Scraps collection.
I wanted my frame to be black, so this was the color I used. 
After it was dry I sanded back some of the details for more interest. 
I have been on a shaker kick, and decided it would be a fun thing to do for this project.  I took a piece of clear acetate, a  handful of sequins, and stitched it on to the cotton scrap. Ignore my stitching, they are really wonky! But no worries, the frame will cover it up. ;)
Add a bit of tacky glue along the perimeter and place the frame directly on top until it is dry. 
I knew I wanted something for the corner of my frame and flowers always seem the perfect choice! I had just purchased these Artbars from Derwent.  I thought a bit of experimentation was in order. 
I cut out my flower pieces out of water color paper. I spritzed them with a bit of water, dipped my brush in the Artbar, and colored my flowers. 
I love the look of ribbon with flowers, so these were the colors I selected.
I looped it twice and pinched it in the middle, so I could tie my black string. 
You can use a hot glue gun to adhere your embellishments, but I was too lazy to pull it out.  The tacky glue was there, so that's what I used.  But obviously there is a much longer drying time involved.  But I was okay with that, because I was headed out of the craft room to watch a bit of TV. ;) 
Here is my project one last time. 
Be sure to check out the other talented ladies on my team!
They are amazing!