Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sweet 'n Sassy Blog Hop!

Yesterday started Sweet 'n Sassy's blog Hop. Today is my day to showcase the new stamps being released. After stopping here head on over to Laurie's blog! This set is called Christmas Poinsettias.

In this first card I colored the Poinsettia using Copics. I actually colored them in with yellow first, pink, then red. I went around the edges again with yellow. I actually looked up Poinsettias on the internet because I wasn't sure what colors they were! I cut the flowers out, placed a pop dot between them, then added tiny rhinestones to the center. I used SU! and K & Company DP. The sentiment was cut out using Spellbinder's Nestibilities. To finish it off I used 2 vintage buttons.
This card uses the same set. I again used Copics on the image. I cut the image out and added those teeny rhinestones to each center. The paper is by Heidi Grace, SU! and Papertrey Ink.
I so love this new set!!! AND as a bonus I actually have a few Christmas cards finished! Remember, stop at Laurie's blog next!

9/28: Kathy & Christie

9/29: Chris & Faith

9/30: Jessica & Korin, Sweet 'n Sassy Blog for some SWEET blog candy!

HAPPY SATURDAY!!!!

28 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

These are terrific...I love that wreath! Great DP choices too!

Holly said...

These look wonderful! Can't wait to get my poinsettia set!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are adorable, Michele! LOVE them!

Fe-Fe said...

These are lovely. Great Christmas cards.

Chrissy D said...

These are sooo pretty! Love your design and use of the DP! TFS!

Alex said...

These are fabulous Michele - love that first one with the pink Christmas paper, it's awesome! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kathy said...

Pretty cards!! I love that K & Co. paper from the first one and your flower looks great!! The design on the second is very pretty!! Nice job with the sneak peeks!! :)Kathy

dpkennedy said...

These cards are so pretty! I love the pink trees with that gorgeous poinsettia!

Anita said...

Beautiful cards! Your wreath look so real.

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous cards...I absolutely LOVE pink holiday cards!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

amazing cards Michelle!! you made a lovely poinsettia using your copics, how clever :) x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards, Michele...and I especially love that poinsettia...the touch of yellow is perfect! Awesome work.
Hugs, Barb g

Lauren said...

Great cards! The designer papers you chose are fabulous.

liz mataraza said...

that top card is beautiful! well, all your cards always are...

and talk about good mail day! whoa!!!

Erika M. said...

What a beautiful card - really loving it!

Christi Flores said...

Both of your cards are adorable!!!!

Anonymous said...

Both `Beautiful` cards as always Michelle...Hope you and yours are all well...:)~X~

n8tvtexan said...

WOW! I love your poinsettias! Great coloring too.

Shelly Koskinen said...

These cards are gorgeous! I love this set!

Kristie W. said...

Great cards! I really love the 2nd one. I need this set!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful Christmas cards, Michele!! Love them both!!

Jessica Smith said...

Fabulous cards I just love this set and you did a great job with it.

Debbie Corbari said...

What fabulous cards!!! I so love that halloween one! Halloween is such a fun holiday! And that spider is creepy...I swear I saw an even bigger one (real) outside the other day! YUCK!

Elena said...

Very nice Christmas cards! I love the wreath!!! The DP is very beautiful!

Michelle said...

Love the pointsettias. You have made lovely cards. Can't wait to get this set.
from Michelle N

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Very pretty card, perfectly designed!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Michele, I thought the poinsettia on the first card was silk -- I had to look back at it again to realize it was stamped! Beautiful cards -- love them both!

Lisa Olson said...

Aw these are just so pretty I love the DP's hope you and yours are ok???