Thursday, August 27, 2009

Off to School I Go....

Today marks the official end to summer........at least for me! I start school today, it is cool, and rainy outside. I am actually ready to go back, meet my new students, and get back into a routine again. Brian and I finished painting my room yesterday. It is really, really pink. Lots of pink. But my walls are bare and by the time all the things get hung back up and decorated it is going to look great! My MIL bought me a chandelier for my early birthday present, and Brian is going to hang that up today while I'm at school. : )

On to my card.....these are a couple of cards I created using JustRite's Thinking of You set. This is such a great set to color! I colored both images in with my Copics. I used Flower Soft on one of them and glitter on the other.


There is some embossing and satin ribbon on both. I distressed the edges a bit with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink.

Guess, I better get a move on......time to get the 7th grader up and get myself ready for today!
Have a WONDERFUL day! : )

11 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Michele, have a great first day of school (Kyle too)!!!

Love the two different looks of your cards...I'm getting used to applying Flower Soft...too little, too much. LOL!!

Marcy said...

Happy first day of school, Michele!

Love these cards - so soft & pretty. Great eye-catching layouts too!

Lisa Foster said...

These are lovely! I've gotta try some of that flower soft! Glad your room is done...I hope you will show us pics when you get everything all situated! I'm dying to see! :) Have a great day at school!
Hugs, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Your cards are lovely!

Unknown said...

I hope you had a great first day back!
Your room sounds beautiful and as always you cards are gorgeous!

ktstamps said...

I am goo to school next week. Hope life is going OK. Are you still interested in the In-Color ribbon? I have it ready and I just need your address.
Your cards are awesome. kt

Denise Young said...

cards are very pretty- as usual.

Hope to see posts of your new room soon.

Hope your day went well- hope tomorrow is even better.

Sasha Farina said...

Have a great day! or you already had :) *hugs*

mary stuart said...

Hope your first day went smoothly! your cards are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Elaine said...

I like the colors you used; the cards are very pretty.

IvyandRein said...

I hope your first day school went well!

Great card (as usual) i love how soft it looks and the glitter on the flower!