Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Crafty Secret's Challenge!

The current challenge over at the SCS Crafty Secret's Forum was to create something green! So of course I immediately thought of St. Patrick's Day. I used this gorgeous image from the Seasonal booklet. I used a Tattered Angels frame and covered it with a fine glitter. It is a mixture of golds and greens. It matched perfectly with this paper from Melissa Frances. I did a bit of layering and added silk ribbon that I ordered off the Internet awhile back.

I made my own 4 leaf clover with a heart shaped punch. I dabbed Versamark on each heart, and sprinkled with gold embossing powder. I glued all 4 hearts together and hand cut the stem. I added a tiny button by Lasting Impressions, tied with string, to the center.

I am slowly getting back into my crafting groove......it has been hard to get the ole' mojo back after spending time off for my class and such. Sometimes at night, when I have the time to craft, I am just too darn tired! Then I end up reading for a bit instead. It will come back......hopefully!
My time blog hopping has been limited too.......life just seems to get so busy at times! The computer takes a backseat.....which is a good thing I guess.....but I miss visiting you! Maybe someone can invent a 30 hour day???? : )
Have a wonderful HUMP DAY!!! OH! and thanks for the funny pet stories! This one was the funniest to me:
"The pictures of those dirty paws is just priceless. One time my chocolate lab tried to make off with one of the tennis balls on my SIL's Dad's walker! She was quite surprised when the whole walker came with it!" Pam
: )

18 comments:

Crystal said...

This is just AWESOME!!! LOVE LOVE the vintage theme!! Beautiful creation Michele!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow girl this is STUNNING!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! And I saw that tennis balls story on your last post!!! FUNNY! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Oh this one is sooooo pretty!!!! I just love it!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

Jingle said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Hearts Turned said...

SO beautiful, Michele! Love the wonderfully glittered frame and that beautiful bow--fabulous!

Rose Ann said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Michele!!

Tammy said...

What a great card...vintage is awesome.
smiles..Tammy

Deb Neerman said...

Love this! St. Paddy would skip through the shamrocks if he saw this beauty!! LOL, I gotta stop drinkin' mid-day!


*I kid ...

*Cuz I'm not stoppin'!!!

Jessica said...

This is so sweet! I love the gorgeous ribbon and all the glitter. Thanks for commenting on my blog, Michele, I really appreciate it!

Peggy said...

This card is over the top Gorgeous! Love the vintage look and especially like the glittery frame!

Leanne said...

WOW this is gorgeous hun!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Wow! it's gorgeous! your glittered frame looks fabulous!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love the vintage look of this...it is gorgeous.

pcrusberg said...

I just love this card! The frame is just incredible. I love the image too. I'm glad you got a kick out of my dog story...I got a million of them! Pam

Unknown said...

Beautiful! What a sweet image and love that green ribbon! :)

Allison Rankin said...

Ah, so cute! Great card!

1CardCreator said...

This is beautiful, I just love all the neat stuff you do with Crafty Secrets! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane