Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bee Happy!

Good morning! I have another card to share with you today using a sweet image from children's book author and illustrator, Elizabeth Dulemba. This JustRite set is called, "Bee Ride." Her images are so much fun to color! I used my Copic markers. For some reason the name of this paper is escaping me, if I find it my very messy scrap room I will post the name of it later! : ) I did some hand stitching on the circle and perimeter of the background paper. The circle and scalloped circle are from Spellbinders. When coloring her, I was sure to leave the area under the bee's wing lighter.

I stamped the flower twice, cut it out, added glitter to it, and placed a foam square between the layers. I then added it to my bow with a sentiment.
I have nothing on the ole' agenda today. Which kind of feels nice! Maybe I'll get a bit crafty today or something! Who knows! : ) Have a great day!


Rosa-kreattiva said...

è bellissima.... sono passata per dirti
Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ •。★Christmas★ 。* 。*
° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚★ 。* 。*。 • ˚ ˚ •。★
˚ ˛ •˛•*/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛★ 。* 。*★ 。* 。*
˚ ˛ •˛• | 田田|門| ˚and a Happy New Year!
che tu possa trascorrere delle feste speciali con le persone a te care ciao rosa.kreattiva

Gabriela said...

Michelle - your card takes my breath away. I adore the bright colors and the way the black neutralizes them. I adore the shading on the bee's head, and the way the fairy's dress is lighter as soon through the bees translucent wing. Your card makes my heart sign. Gosh I wish I could color like you. I think I'll print the photo of your card so I can gaze at it at my desk. It's THAT striking!

Elizabeth O. Dulemba said...

Michelle, it's gorgeous! I especially like what you did with the flowers!
Happy creating!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Michele,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Happy New Year.
Hugs Riet.x

Renee said...

this is just beautiful! I love your coloring the bright colors are just gorgeous!

Pam S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam S. said...

how precious! a beautiful card and your coloring is wonderful Michele! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Julie Masse said...

This is adorable!! I love how you color Michele - so so pretty!! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Fabulous coloring and great image! Love all the bright joy in this fantastical creation!

*Vicki* said...

WOW! What a really precious image!! I love your coloring and the added sparkly flower to the tag!! :) Just wishing you and your family a happy, healthy and safe up-coming New Year in 2011~~HUGS

Alice Wertz said...

wow! amazing coloring, Michele! beautiful card!