Sunday, March 6, 2011

Crafty Secrets and a Lil" Paper Bag!

Good morning! I have today off which is great.......but it will be spent taking my van in to the body shop. Our van was taken to a local car wash and sustained a lot of damage to the passenger door. The door no longer closes properly and will not seal. I am literally sick about it. My van is not a "normal" van, but instead an overpriced, very expensive ramp van. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this body shop can fix the door without costing me an arm and a leg.

Anyway enough of my grumbling! I have another little altered bag for you today. Are you sick of them yet? ; ) This was one I created for my hubby for Valentine's Day using a Crafty Secret's image from the Seasonal Journal Booklet. I used bits and pieces of Jenni Bowlin, Maya Road, a Martha Stewart paper doily, some vintage lace, and Stickles for sparkle. The sentiment was a Melissa Frances Rub on. The kraft paper was a left over I had cut from my Cricut using the Sentimentals Cartridge.
I love lumpy and bumpy!
The Stickles gives it a bit of sparkle and admittedly a lot neater than glitter! ; ) But don't worry, me still loves my glitter.....messy or not!
I love using bits of lace for the tops of my tags! It doesn't use much so it is perfect for those scraps you have laying around! Just tie it with a bit of twine and Voila!
Wish me luck today! Hoping for good news!
Thanks for stopping by today!!! You are definitely the bright spot to my days! : )

19 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Sorry to hear about your van Michelle, I sure hope it can get fixed for a reasonable price. Love your little goodie bag, looks fantastic. ~Diane

Margie Higuchi said...

Oh, man, Michele! I am so sorry to hear about your van. Crossing fingers and toes that it won't cost much.

NEVER sick of your lil' bags! I have still yet to create one...well, at least I opened the package ;0P

Good luck today!! xo

~amy~ said...

ooohhhhh...love this one:) Never get sick of your sweet paper bag creations...keep 'em coming!

Gabriela said...

Michelle - seems to me that the car wash owner should be picking up the repair bill on your van for the damage their equipment caused.

BTW, your bumpy little paper bag just ran away with my heart.

Beate said...

Good luck with your van. I hope it's just a little, inexpensive thing they have to fix.
Your bag looks amazing! I might have to go and look for those bags! Because you rock them.
Hugs and smiles

Lorraine said...

Sorry to hear about your van - wishing for good news on the repairs. Your bag is gorgeous! Love the colors and all the different elements/textures you incorporated into it!

Jocelyn said...

Wishing you luck today!!! So sorry you have to go through all of this!!!

Love your goodie bag.....so stinking cute!!!

Wishing you a great week!!!

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Michele.

Hugs Riet.x

Marcy said...

Love the little bag, Michele - such a great mix of embellies with that image! Hoping your van is able to be fixed reasonably.

Dora said...

this is wonderful and great inpsiration thank you so much!

Glenda J said...

This is brilliant! I love everything about it. Great collage.

Crossing my fingers the van isn't too expensive to fix.

Debbie Garcia said...

As always a beautiful project and thanks for coming by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.
This is umbert beautiful

Debbie Garcia said...

Lol I 'm new to blogging and didn't mean the comment for you on thanks for stopping by my blog.. I do love your project... I'm new to blogging and don't have projects or anything I was just referred over here because I was told you make beautiful creations...

Kwilt said...

Michele...Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment!

I am totally AMAZED at your talent! I will be following your fantastic blog and hopefully someday be half as awesome a crafter as you!!
Hugs...Kathy

Stella said...

I am in awe....such a beauty. I love rhis; you knocked me off my socks :)
I hope that the bill of your car didn't turn out too high I hate unexpected bills like this too:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, I'm new to your blog & loving it already. Hope your van is fixed by now! I love your little bags & lol when I saw your comment "I love lumpy & bumpy". So do I :)

Jane said...

WoW this is darling!!!!

Bobbie Lynn said...

What a beautiful tag and those images are gorgeous.

Theresa said...

LOVE this tag! I really like the way you used the lace at the top of the tag, too! :)