Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Tour......

Some of you have asked how I store my scraps and such that I use on my paper bags. I thought I'd take some pics of my room to show you how I store things. One thing I find with my scraproom is it is constantly evolving and changing. My needs have changed, which means some storage had to be tweaked. So what works today may not necessarily work tomorrow. Here is my little scrap organizer. Now, I don't keep everything. But I do save my extra Cricut cuts, die cuts that at the last minute I didn't need, and certain stamped pieces. If I truly don't think I'll need it or use it in the future it goes in the trash!
The top container contains all of my little tags that I cut with the Sentimental's cartridge. I tend to use tags A LOT! Can't really see them....but they're in there! ; ) The middle compartment are my little frames, butterflies etc. And the bottom compartment is for my longer pieces.
Here is a close up of the middle compartment.
At one time these 3 six foot shelves used to be loaded with all stamps.....now it mostly my beloved Cricut cartridges! Many of my stamps are packed away and at some point will probably be sold. I keep many things at my fingertips and within easy reach. These are the items I use constantly! Copics, glitter, glue, twine etc.
To the left I have my work station. It houses my printer, Cricut, Imagine, sewing machine, and usually my little lap top.
This is where my little TV is. I don't usually "watch" it, I just listen.....but I like the company it gives me!
I have many of my Glimmer Mists, ribbon, Smooch Spray, brads, hardware etc housed here. My husband just hung the smaller shelf above it to display my cards and the magazines I've been published in. (Don't laugh......it has only been 3........but that is all about to change! I know some of you gals have been published numerous times........and probably need 6 shelves to house your magazines! ; )
My closet has tons of stuff in it, but it was embarrassingly messy! I keep my seam binding, alterables, more ribbon etc in it. Someday I will be brave enough to post those!
Thanks for taking a short tour through my creative space!

19 comments:

yyam said...

Oh wow! What a great space! You're so organized!!!

Shantaie said...

Awesome space Michele...and its PINK I would not have guessed that actually!
Thank so much for sharing a peek into your creative haven :)

Jasmine Wilmany said...



That looks great! Great organization!



Hugs and Blessings!
★ Jasmine Wilmany ★




Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee your space!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cherylann's "Outta-My-Mind " said...

Wow, love it, no wonder you do such wonderful projects.
Cherylann (prinkles)

Houses Built of Cards said...

Great space - LOVE how pink it is!

Unknown said...

OMG!!This is a wonderful space. I love your ribbon storage and all those Cricut cartridges. I see you have the Cricut Imagine, you lucky girl. Thanks for sharing.

Zemphira ~ Scatter Art. said...

Oh my gosh! I love your space. It would be fun to create in there.

Alison Jane Hann said...

I`m jealous! Your craft room looks amazing. Would I ever love playing in there!! I`ve put your blog up on mine as a link as I`m following you.

Gemma said...

Wow, I wish I had that much space and craft stash!
Gem
x

Susie said...

Fabulous work area. You are blessed!!!

Margie Higuchi said...

WOW!! Very cool and I finally got to see all the sweat and tears that went into this HUGE renovation :) LOVE IT....jealous that you find things at your finger tips! HA! Have a great week!! xo

Yoshiras time to craft said...

love your space so neat.could i come over and play some time.

Luv 2 Create said...

Wow, love your workspace. Looks like you have everything right at hand. Very organized. I see that you have some of my favorite storage cubes - Jet Max. I just love them. I have a 20 foot wall of various configurations of these and just love them. I only wish I had a better space for my desk area. I will have to work on that.
Thanks for sharing it has given my some ideas of how I can utilize my space better.

Marcie

Beate said...

What a gorgeous room to create in! Perfect!
Hugs and smiles

Tee said...

Such a beautiful space..no wonder the creative energy goes on and on...and its Pink!! such a yummy shade of pink!!
I too have my TV on when I craft..I only listen to it..like you said, I love the company it gives!!
Beautiful room!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Wow! You're amazingly organized!!! Love your pink walls! How fun!

Unknown said...

Love it!! Thanks for sharing- it's great to see how others organize. Where ever did you find those awesome metal bins for your scraps? They look so deliciously vintage! I'd so love to get a set to house tiny treasures!

GranofGlenEcho said...

Love your space; will be looking for similar ways to fix up our new craft room.