Monday, April 11, 2011

Enjoy the Moment....

Good morning! I want to thank you for all of your sweet words and kind thoughts on Friday's post. I was touched immensely! This weekend my mind and heart were in prom mode and we decided to take our girl shopping. Brian went with me to help. He is a good dad. Truly. He had to go into the dressing room with us to help me, help her stand up in the dress. Not many dads would have the patience to do that, but he does. It is not easy to have a non ambulatory girl who is 95 lbs of dead weight try on dresses. So needless to say, we both got our work out! ; ) After about 20 dresses, we finally decided on one. We couldn't buy a long prom dress because I was afraid it would get caught in the front wheels of her chair. The problem with the shorter dresses is my girl doesn't sit like a lady. But after all is said and done, I can't change how she sits, or who she is. So the shorter dress won out. ; ) I created today's card with dresses on the brain. I used the Cricut Circle exclusive cartridge, French Manor to cut the dress form. I added tulle to create the skirt, seam binding, and a quilled Cuttlebug daisy. I also added teeny pearls to the top of the dress form. The tag was cut from the Sentimental's cartridge and the stamp is by Papertrey. I created the frame using the Elegant Edges cartridge. I inked the edges, spread glossy accents over the entire thing with my finger, and sprinkled clear glitter over it. The piece of fabric behind the dress is by Basic Grey and was stitched on my sewing machine. See the pretty pink designer paper? That was printed off my Imagine Machine using the Heirloom cartridge. It has gorgeous vintage papers on it! I love a dress with a bit of "froof" to it! ; )
Have a wonderful Monday........and as always, thank you for stopping by! : )

16 comments:

Carissa said...

What a sweet card. So many details make it just beautiful!! And what a sweet family story. Thank you for sharing.

NoraAnne said...

This is so beautiful :) I can't wait to see pictures of the "real" dress!!! Sounds like you had quite a family adventure and made memories to last a lifetime! :) :) :)

Margie Higuchi said...

It is a sweet card - great job! I love it :)

Yea to Brian for being such a great and caring father. I am so happy that he was there for you too, M! I'm excited to see the dress...how fun!

Have a great week, sweet friend! xo

Susie said...

You are blessed to have your husband. Love your sweet card. Hope you post photos of the prom dress.

Sandy O said...

Your husband sounds wondeful. I am sure your daughter is going to have a memorable time and a great time at her prom. This card is more than fabulous...simply perfect.

Jingle said...

This is an absolutely beautiful card!!! And...I just read your previous post, too, and that is SO sweet! I'm so excited for her!!!

JennyKozar said...

Beautiful! I cannot wait to see the pictures of Cort!

Joanna said...

Soooo soo pretty! Love it!

Regina said...

A beautiful card. I'm sure the real dress is just as beautiful. Thanks for sharing your life.

Allison Rankin said...

Pretty shabby chic card...love the organza on the dress! Good job Mom and Dad on getting Cort her dress!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx

Melissa said...

I am glad you found a good prom dress. Your card is pretty as always.

jramsdell said...

Great card. Can't wait to see the dress.

Jocelyn said...

You are such an amazing family...you are an inspiration to all of us!!!

I just adore the card....your work is stunning!!!

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card, can't wait to see Cort in her prom dress.

Carole Beath said...

Oh my ...Michelle....this is such a beautiful card...with memories tied into every detail. I enjoyed your heartwarming story.
Hugs
Carole