Friday, September 16, 2011

Sunflowers......

Good morning and happy Friday to you! This week flew by and I am so glad to see the weekend! I have finally been getting into the groove of crafting again and created a few things to share with you. : ) I used my Cricut Expression and the newer Sweet Tooth cartridge to create this sunflower. I used Jillibean kraft paper for the flower and black tulle to create the center. I used one of those sticky Grueber thingys. I added a few pearls to the center too. The leaves were cut using the Mother's Day Cartridge. I inked the edges, folded the middle, inked that, and pinched it between my two fingers to add dimension. The background is a new Cuttlebug folder called Fancy Frames. The edges were inked with Ripe Avacodo from Papertrey Ink, and a bit of brown Memento. Kristen Swain was kind enough to send me some of her gorgeous dyed seam binding which I used here!
I love the toned down color pallette........



I have a busy weekend ahead of me that does include some "ME" time on Sunday. Which means this gal will be up to her elbows in glitter and glue! ; )


Be sure to check back on Monday as we are having our Crafty Secret's group post then! It's gonna be fabulous! ; )

8 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Gorgeous project! So rich and elegant! I love it...you said "thingy"!! Have a wonderful weekend!
Carolyn
cccscraproom@windstream.net
htt://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Jingle said...

This is so pretty!!!

1CardCreator said...

Very elegant Michelle.

craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful card

Cricut Couple said...

Stunning, as always! This is such an elegant color scheme and very unexpected for a sunflower, but it just works so well! Love it!

Creative Mish said...

Beautiful! I too love the muted colors

Luv 2 Create said...

Michelle, this is a stunning card. I love the tulle grueber center that you made. Never thought of using tulle, but it's the best grueber I've seen yet.
Marcie

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!! I love your flowers - especially the flower made with seam binding!!

Kimberly