Thursday, December 6, 2012

Beach Inspired Ornament

I love making Christmas ornaments, and especially ones that have a specific theme.  I created this beach inspired ornament in the Holiday Issue of Cricut Magazine.  I used the Cricut Craft Room Exclusive Seashell images. They were all cut around 2 inches.  Once they were cut, I added sand, glitter, and pearls to them.  They were each assembled using dimensional foam circles.  
I added Spanish Moss to the inside of the ornament and tied a piece of burlap and twine around the top of it.  

Cortney went to the GI doc yesterday.  He prescribed a regimen for her that requires me to stay home with her over the next few days.  I am hoping that very soon, my happy chatty girl is back.  The poor thing hasn't been herself these last few weeks.  
Have a great Thursday!

9 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!! Lee-Ann :)

Gwen said...

This is gorgeous!! Love it so much! I hope Cort feels better soon to.

Stephanie said...

Love the ornament. Hope Cort is better soon.

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Stunning!!

Susie

Riet said...

So beautiful Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rea' said...

Awesome ornament Michele !

Anonymous said...

Hello. Beautiful work. My name is Allyson and I visit your blog a couple times a month.I can feel that you and your daughter need prayer. Please know that I will go into deep prayer beginning tonight.Try to get some rest and know that others are praying deeply.

michele said...

so lovely. sending light!

hope you will find a moment to stop by and enter a giveaway i am hosting for followers (i hope you win!):
http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

happy weekend to you!

michele

Beth Matson said...

Love this ornament! Hope Cort is feeling better.