Monday, March 4, 2013

Crafty Secret's Design Team Challenge and Linky Party!

***If you are here for JustRite's post, scroll down!" :)***

Today is Crafty Secret's Design Team post and linky party!  Be sure to go to the Crafty Secret's blog to link up your projects.  Anything spring or Easter related is the theme for this month.  I decided to make an Easter bracelet and necklace for myself.  I have a few step by step instructions below.  It is so easy to make jewelry with Crafty Secret's digital kits. I used the Vintage Easter Eggs Digital kit. Just print directly onto your Shrinky Dink material, cut out, punch holes, and use your oven or heat gun to shrink it down.  Then add a pretty clasp to finish it off. 
I love the vintage designs in each piece. 
When you place your Shrinky Dink material in the printer, be sure to check that the rough side is the side you print on.  In my printer it prints whatever is face down.  So that was the side I flipped it to
For my bracelet I chose to print them at 4x6 and printed two sheets of them.  If you want smaller pieces to your bracelet, you can print at 3 1/2 x 5. 
I cut each egg out by hand and used a standard hole punch to punch each end of the egg.  I used my heat gun to shrink each piece. 

I used my jump rings to attach each end of the egg and then added a pretty clasp at the end. 
I had a left over egg and didn't have the heart to toss it, so I decided to make a necklace to match.  I simply added a clear acrylic gem to the end using another jump ring.  I then strung it on pretty ribbon. 
Be sure to visit the other DT gals!  AND scroll down below to see my JustRite post! :)



13 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Very cool Michele! Beautiful! Love how you show how!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!! Lee-Ann :)

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

This is just stunning!!! Absolutely fantastic!!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

What a brilliant idea Michele to make a Easter Egg bracelet and matching necklace! They both look fabulous!

Thanks for sharing
Sandy

Anonymous said...

very cute
this would be such a great gift for easter

Lori said...

So pretty! Lovely spring/Easter project.

LeeB said...

Beautiful, I love how small you can get the images and how clear they show up, awesome.

Anonymous said...

This is terrific, Michele. It came out so pretty.

Amy Johnson said...

This is so fabulous and pretty! TFS!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous Michele!! Amazing work!!

hugs...

C said...

Beautiful!!

Ann said...

So lovely, I love working with Shrinky Dink. I like the necklace the most.

Mitzi said...

I bought Shrinky Dink paper a long time ago, but never made anything with it. Now I'm inspired to get it out and make a bracelet! Yours is so adorable!