Monday, June 3, 2013

Crafty Secret's Design Team Challenge and Linky Party!

If you are looking for my JustRite post, be sure to scroll down a bit!  
Today is Crafty Secret's DT challenge and Linky Party.  On top of all of that goodness, I also have a tutorial to share with you!  I will show you how to use Tim Holtz Distress Markers and the Crafty Secret's digital images to create a card like this. For my card I used the flower from the new digital set, Flower Garden. 
I love the watercolored look.....imperfectly perfect. 
1. For my card above I printed my image twice on watercolor paper. 
2. I pulled out a transparency to "color" on and use as my painter's palette.
3. I used various colors of Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  
4. "Color" on the transparency.  Use a water brush to pick up the color.
5. I used red and yellow to color my flowers. 
6. Light green, dark green, and a bit of yellow for the leaves.
7. Use a Spellbinder's die to cut out the image.
8. Leave the die on and sponge around image with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Antique Linen.
9. Take die off to reveal the beautiful clean edge that remains!
10. Use water to spritz your image.  It will mottle the paint a bit for an interesting effect.
11. Let it dry.
12.  To create faux water droplets use Goosebumps.  It will dry clear for a cool effect!
13. Paint flowers a second time and cut out.
14. Use glossy accents to the center and add black Flower Soft to the middles.  Bend the flower petals down a bit. 
Be sure to pay the other gals a visit! They are always so inspiring!

16 comments:

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Fabulous tutorial Michele and coloring digital stamps is something so many ladies want to learn so this is perfect!

Thanks for sharing
Sandy

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rebekah said...

Super fabulous! Love how you show us all the steps:) And great idea for the water droplets. Clever:)

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful I love the colors you used.

Vicki Chrisman said...

Fantastic technique and gorgeous card Michele!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Michelle. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I've never heard of Goose Bumps.

Ann said...

Super cute card, and love the fun ribbon you used too.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, this card is just stunning!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, it's my first visit at this website, and piece of writing is actually fruitful in support of me, keep up posting these types of articles.

Here is my site :: new cellulite treatment

2amscrapper said...

beautiful! I never thought of leaving the die on while highlighting the edges

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary said...

Your card is beautiful and your tutorial very easy to follow. I've not seen the Goosebump Water Mist. This will go on my list of things to purchase after I return from vacation.

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Michele that is gorgeous!! Amazing work!!

hugs...

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, I love that digital stamp set too! ~Diane

Darlene said...

WOWZA Michelle! What an awesome idea and fabulous tutorial! So sorry I'm late commenting but I did want you to know how much I enjoyed this tutorial! Have a fabulous weekend!
HUGS from OHIO!

John Rozer said...

Your card is beautiful and your tutorial very easy to follow.We also deal with E
mbossing Powders
to make your scrapbook projects more interesting as you can make some embellishments by using these products.