If you are looking for my JustRite post, be sure to scroll down a bit!
Today is Crafty Secret's DT challenge and Linky Party. On top of all of that goodness, I also have a tutorial to share with you! I will show you how to use Tim Holtz Distress Markers and the Crafty Secret's digital images to create a card like this. For my card I used the flower from the new digital set, Flower Garden.
I love the watercolored look.....imperfectly perfect.
1. For my card above I printed my image twice on watercolor paper.
2. I pulled out a transparency to "color" on and use as my painter's palette.
3. I used various colors of Tim Holtz Distress Markers.
4. "Color" on the transparency. Use a water brush to pick up the color.
5. I used red and yellow to color my flowers.
6. Light green, dark green, and a bit of yellow for the leaves.
7. Use a Spellbinder's die to cut out the image.
8. Leave the die on and sponge around image with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Antique Linen.
9. Take die off to reveal the beautiful clean edge that remains!
10. Use water to spritz your image. It will mottle the paint a bit for an interesting effect.
11. Let it dry.
12. To create faux water droplets use Goosebumps. It will dry clear for a cool effect!
13. Paint flowers a second time and cut out.
14. Use glossy accents to the center and add black Flower Soft to the middles. Bend the flower petals down a bit.
Be sure to pay the other gals a visit! They are always so inspiring!