Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Delight.....

It has been a couple of crazy days. Sending one kid off to school, while taking the other one with me to my school.  So much to get done before the students arrive next week.  Our school has been under major construction this summer. We had air put in, asbestos removed, and now cleaning everything up in time is the challenge.  I feel like I'm in an episode of Restaurant Impossible! ;)  I made a lot of progress in my room yesterday and am headed back there today. Wish me luck that I get most of it wrapped up today. :)

Today's card is another beautiful image from Crafty Secrets. It was colored using my Inktense pencils.  ( I told you I would bombard you with projects using these pencils!) ;) 
I added shades of red, pink, brown, and a bit of yellow to the rose. I did a watercolor wash around the rose to add a hint of blue.
I wanted a sentiment that didn't distract from the main image, and found this bead.  It must be a bajillion years old, but since I am a craft hoarder ( I throw nothing away......ever), I dusted it off, and used it here. I think it worked pretty well, if I do say so myself! 
Tomorrow Brian, Cortney, and I head to court.  We had filed for guardianship of her since she became 18, and tomorrow we stand in front of a judge. There is a part of me that still hurts that we were dealt the hand we were dealt. 
 She is 18. 
She should be a legal adult capable of making her own decisions. 
She should be heading to college.
There is still that loss. 
Still those moments when you dwell on the things that "should have been." 
I won't dwell long. 
Especially when she hugs me good morning, or tells me she loves me.
She is and always will be my girl. 

Have a great day my friends!

10 comments:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such gorgeous color work on this beautiful card! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Regina said...

Love the coloring on the card. I need to try and do something like that. Seems like there is always something more to try. Will keep you in my prayers. Have a good day!

Jingle said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the simplicity. This is just beautiful!

Debbie (from Sugar Land) said...

Lovely card. My prayers are with you tomorrow. It's wonderful that you can usually focus on the joy your daughter brings you, so don't be upset with yourself when you occasionally indulge in a few moments of self pity... You deserve those moments. Because you know they are fleeting.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a beautiful, beautiful card. The coloring is so delicate and I love that you kept the embellishments so clean and simple. And I agree...the bead is perfect!

Aileen said...

A beautiful card, I too totally love the Inktense pencils. Share as much as you like:)
All the best tomorrow, I have a daughter, Elysha, who has Down syndrome and deaf and about to turn 21. Life can be hard sometimes, but most of the time we get through life on all the little pleasures, a smile, the sound of their laughter or just the unconditional love they give us.
Aileen

C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC said...

God bless. I cannot imagine the mixed emotions ...tangled pleasure and pain. But, remember you and others have been blessed and learned so much because of your daughter's beautiful spirit. I know you honor her always. Having thoughts about what could have been is totally normal and hugs to you as you work through it all.

La-Vie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Blessings on you and your beautiful family. Good luck tomorrow.

CaroleD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CaroleD said...

Michele I would LOVE to see what you do with your bulletin boards and Cricut!! I have worked on tons of them for my mentor teacher and could always use great ideas!