Thursday, November 14, 2013

Wild & Free.....

I love sifting through old photos, especially when I find gems like this.  Kyle was probably around 4 years old. I was taking a photography class at the time, and film was still being used.  I learned how to process photos in a dark room. It was magical standing there in the dark room watching the glossy white paper suddenly produce an image.  I remember being exceptionally proud of this photo.  My love for photography has just grown even more since then.  
I used my Cricut and the First Few Years cartridge to create my layout of my little cutie pie.  (Who is still cute but is now a 16 year old young man.....) 
I wanted to make the rocking horse special, so I added yarn to create the horse's mane, vintage ribbon, twine, and a rhinestone.  
I have created some new things this past week but by the time I get home to photograph them, it is already dark! So it may have to wait until the weekend. ;)
Darn daylight savings time!

I also wanted to share a link to something I was lucky enough to contribute to, All Free Papercrafts e-book.  ( My card is the silhouette gal on the cover! :)

That's it for me today!
Have a great Thursday!

3 comments:

Regina said...

What a great picture! Love the card on the front of the magazine. I enjoy looking at all the great things you create. Have a fun day and I hate the time change too!

~Tammy~ said...

So cute!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I missed visiting your blog while Dale was ill...you have such a great sense of style. this layout is a treasure! Congrats on the publication! Well deserved indeed!