Monday, June 2, 2014

Crafty Secret's Design Team Challenge and Linky Party!

Good morning and happy Monday to you! Today is the day for the Crafty Secret's Design Team Challenge and Linky Party! This month's challenge is to create a patriotic or masculine project.  I decided with Father's Day right around the corner that I would make a masculine card.  I have a complete tutorial below on how this card was made. My projects always seem to take on a life of their own! ;)
I started with a digital copy of the Car Classics set by Crafty Secrets.  I sponged the Route 66 image and cut out the little sign. I colored the car with my Spectrum Noir markers and punched it out with a circle punch.  The edges were inked. I gave it a generous coating of glossy accents.  I printed the polka dot paper from the Digital Retro Christmas papers pack. I cut various sized circles using my Spellbinder's dies. 
I wanted the circles to have a black matte, so I cut out black pinking shear circles.  I adhered the patterned paper to it.  I added the map/Route 66 image to the center.  I decided to hand sew a black border and the tied twine around the center.  
I added the car, the sentiment, and a few sequins to finish the card off! 
Be sure to visit the other talented ladies!
Have a great day!

10 comments:

ScrapGonkowa said...

Could I use Youre's tutorial, make a card?
Sorry, for my english ;-)

reeree62 said...

Gorgeous!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love those great repeated circles, the fun texture you added with Glossy Accents and your fabulous tutorial, Michele. What a great card!

Darlene said...

WOW! What a FABULOUS design Michele! So much texture, dimension and 'manliness' (lol is that a word?) LOVE it! Thanks for awesome inspiration ... I don't know how you do it! You truly are WONDER WOMAN! Give Courtney a hug from me! I'm so happy for all the wonderfully exciting adventures that have come her way lately! Have a fabulous week!

Cynthia said...

This is fabulous, Michele! Love the distressing and glossy accents with this fun masculine set.

Elizabeth said...

Love this Michele. At first glance I thought you had used bottle caps to frame the red dot circles and I was wondering where you managed to find them. They really appear to have dimension. You made a fabulous card and this is a great tutorial.

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

This is totally a Classy Card you created with our Car Classics set Michele. Love all the detail you added!

Thanks for sharing
Sandy

Birgit said...

What a fabulous masculine card for dad! Love the punches of red!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Awesome masculine card Michele! I always struggle with "guy" cards... you nailed it!

Sheila Rumney said...

Love this card and all the detail! Super cool!