Monday, November 2, 2015

Crafty Secret's November Design Team Challenge and Linky Party!

Good morning and welcome to a brand new month!
It can mean only one thing.......the Crafty Secret's Design Team Challenge and Linky Party! Wahoo!
This month's theme was Christmas, but anything but a card.
My project this month all started with the metal piece that served as my ornament.  I've probably had it a hundred years and decided at this particular moment, that it would make a cute ornament. ;) And who wants to just hand someone an ornament? No one!  So I created the box with my Silhouette to make a cute little presentation! 
Created by Michele Kovack
A little paint, a bit (or a lot) of glitter, a cute retro Santa, and a couple of jingle bells and you've got yourself a sweet ornament!
Created by Michele Kovack
Fuzzy earmuffs anyone?

The metal thingy-a-bob was given several coats of cream colored paint.  Once dry I put some glossy accents along the outer edge and then sprinkled glitter over it.

I am all about the little touches, so I grabbed some red Flower Soft and gave Mr. Snowman some fuzzy ear muffs. By the way, the retro Santa is part of the Crafty Secret's Retro Christmas collection.  I cut it into a circular shape using a Circle Spellbinder's die. 
I didn't want the image too recessed in my metal thingy, so I added a bit of foam tape from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.  I used a bit of Tacky glue to make sure it didn't go anywhere. 
Consider it extra security if you will! :)
Does anyone use clothespins A LOT when they craft?  I am constantly using them to hold items in place because I myself am way too impatient to hold it  myself!  I wanted a bit of gold tinsel around the circle.  Tinsel seemed perfect for this ornament, so lo and behold, the clothespins did my work for me. ;)
And one more look...in case you forgot because you were so bedazzled with my clothespins above. ;)

Created by Michele Kovack
Be sure to check out the other talented designer's projects!

Have a wonderful day my friends!




10 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Michele, this is sooooo cute and fun! I love your metal thing a ma bob! LOL The flower soft on the ear muffs is the perfect finishing touch. The box is stunning, too! You always come up with such great ideas! http://chelemom.blogspot.com/2015/11/crafty-secrets-november-design-team-Michele-Kovack.html

Judy said...

Sweet ornament. Anyone would love to get something like this as a gift. You've encouraged me to go through some of my older things and see if I can make them into something beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

TK said...

Love your darling ornament, in all its "retro"ness... Also gotta love those clothespins -- wish I would've thought of that a few hundred times I needed a few more fingers!

Shantaie said...

are you kidding me? seriously you could make art piece out of an aardvark! You have that certain something, I LOVE that little ornament and the tutorial...now I can make one too!!! :)

2amscrapper said...

great project--I love those little touches

Leslie Miller said...

Who knew a thing-a-ma-bob could turn out so cute? Adorable!

Linsey R said...

I just adore this project!!! I'm so glad I came over from FB for a closer look and to see the box--nice job on the bribery, lol. :) The extra details you add are sooooo precious--I love the snowman's red fuzzy earmuff!!! Too Too CUTE!!! Thanks for another delightful bit of inspiration, Michele! Beautiful creations, as always!!

Gail said...

So detailed and lovely - thanks for showing us the steps - nice cut on the digital

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

This is so darn cute Michele - from the ornament to the box, the Flower Soft ear muffs, glitter and adorable images you used, you nailed it!

Great job, thanks for sharing
Sandy

Sheila Rumney said...

So super sweet! Love all the shimmery goodness! Thanks for sharing.