Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Love Birds!

Good morning! I am up on the SRM Blog today with a new set from Jane's Doodles called, Love Birds!  I think it is the sweetest set! I wanted a bit of moonlight behind my birds. (Because it's romantic to profess one's love in the moonlight right?) I punched a circle from a piece of scrap paper.  I used both the negative and positive pieces here.  I placed the circle in the middle of my paper and sponged shades of blue around it.  Then I took the negative piece, placed it over the paper, and sponged my yellow.  I went back with a dauber and sponged a bit of white around the moon.  I wanted a bit of sparkle, so I took a paint brush and a bit of glossy accents, and "painted" around the moon. I sprinkled a bit of glitter.
Created by Michele Kovack
The birds were stamped on a separate piece of paper, as well as the hearts, sentiment, and tree branch.  All of it was colored with Copic markers.  Everything was fussy cut and glued in place over my moon.  I added glossy accents to the hearts, wings, and leaves and then sprinkled glitter.  I added Flower Soft to my tree branch. I added a doily behind the image for added sweetness.  ;) 
Created by Michele Kovack
For my birds' bellies, I used a white gel pen.  I love how textural this card looks and feels.  It was one of those cards that I truly loved as soon as it was completed.  And believe me, lately this hasn't been happening too often! LOL!
Created by Michele Kovack
The next few weeks are going to be an emotional ride as Cortney just got her "move-in" date yesterday. My feelings are a bit all over.  It will be a difficult transition for me as I've been her caregiver for so long.  She has been my shadow, my side-kick, my little partner in crime. My days are filled with her, and soon, my days will be quieter, emptier.  I will need to fill them up with something else. That will take time and some getting used to.
I appreciate all of your support and words of kindness. It helps immensely. :)

5 comments:

TK said...

Beautiful! All the textures, the sweet softness, and romance... Love.
As for Cortney, I will keep you in my prayers that both of you will transition peacefully, and flawlessly.

Jamie said...

This is so sweet! I love all the added detail!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love the softness to the coloring!!
Wishing you all the best as you make this very big transition to your life.

Teresa Doyle said...

Such a beautiful card Michele!

As for Cortney moving, I feel for you and will pray for a smooth transition for both of you.
I have 2 children as well. When my oldest moved to go to University (& later marry), it was difficult but I still had my son home. Thank goodness I was passionate about scrapbooking, that filled a LOT of "empty" space. When HE moved out I was getting into stamping and LOVED it! SO, I immersed myself in it as I found that time particularly difficult at first. Then I reminded myself that they are only meant to be with us every day for a time...IF we did our job right they will someday grow up and spread their wings as we taught them to and they will be out in the world as we are! Please remember to take comfort in the fact that you still have her and can communicate with her when you want. Some people don't have that option. Praying for you both!

Leslie Miller said...

This is the cutest thing, Michele! Love the image and, of course, your coloring and card design are fabulous. I can imagine it will be rough for you at first when Cortney moves. This is much more than the usual empty nest, but it's a good thing all the way around. I'm certain she will love her new home. Keep us posted.