Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Finally! My Craft Room!

Good morning! I know I've been promising to post pictures of my craft room for some time.....but it seems that each day brings new things to do!  I completely forgot to take an official "before" picture.  This picture is blurry because I got it off realtor.com.  (So it's not your eyes!)
This room was dark navy, brown, and had the carpeting. 
Carpeting and crafting are NOT friends! ;)
The first thing we did was paint the room a soft lilac color.
Hubby took up the carpet and is using it in his "Man Cave" in the basement. 
Our good friend, Jim, laid the vinyl plank flooring for us. 

 So if we start the tour, I am starting through the doorway and towards the left wall, then the back wall, and then finally to the right. This spot is where I keep my ribbon, embossing powders, and my TV.

The baskets hold some of my ribbon.  I sort it by color.  OF course I have even more in my closets, but I won't be showing that because then you might think I have a problem.  Which I do

The back desk is where I have my computer and Silhouette machine. The drawers contain embellishments, adhesive etc. Most of the furniture is from IKEA. 
This is my main desk area where the die cutting and coloring happen. I love it because I get the natural light from the window and I can watch my TV. 

Inside the tall cabinet is all of my stamps.  I got rid of a ton when I moved.  I kept my favorites and I have to admit, I've been purchasing a few new ones. 

I added this shelf and this vintage window.  I love the signage board with my blog name on it.  I am hoping to use this space for holiday decorating. The cabinet underneath is my favorite piece.  I love that it has a bit of country charm.  It houses my dies, envelopes, water color paper, Washi tape, and embellishments. 
This piece was a natural pine, but I wanted it to coordinate with the rest of the room, so I sanded it and painted it white.  I use it store all of my paper. If you look to the far right, I have two very large closets.  I didn't take a picture of them, but they are spacious and contain a lot of my additional craft supplies.  
Thank you for your patience! 
I hope it was worth the wait!









6 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Thanks for the tour! Looks great and so pretty!! Hope that you are getting settled into your new place and community. So miss talking to you xo

Unknown said...

Amazing room Michele! I'm very jealous. I haven't done any type of crafting for over 2 years, I really miss it but I just can't seem to find any down time.

Unknown said...

WOW! I wanna come play! Your room is magical! I love your ribbon storage and look at all those markers. How amazing. I need to de clutter my craft room. I have too much furniture in there but its a catch all. I love how spacious and airy yours is. You make me want to update mine. It needs some love. I still love to scrapbook in there but I am finding that I bring stuff out and craft on the coffee table to be with my family more than I craft in my scraproom these days by myself. Bella likes to craft with me so it is more room and fun to craft in the living room. I just have to clean it all up good before John gets home. We are making more cards than we used to. I love your craft room. It looks so relaxed and comfy to be in. if we only lived closer haha

Basurok said...

Beautiful space to create. Love the transformation.

loudowning54 said...

Love your craft room. I knew it would be beautiful and inviting. What a wonderful place to create!

reeree62 said...

So beautiful, Michele!!! My new craft room is being built!! I can’t wait to get it finished up. But it’s definitely gonna be a huuuge job setting it all up!
Congrats to you!!!!