Thursday, May 17, 2007

Dry Embossed Card!


Who still does old fashioned dry embossing when we live in a world filled with Cuttlebugs and Sizzix? Well, I decided to pull all those old Lasting Impressions templates and play. It felt good to bring out that stylus and emboss! Yes, it definitely was more time consuming, but well worth it! This is the first card I completed with the itsy bitsy, polka dot bikini! I added a little flower and rhinestone to the bikini top. All the paper is Lasting Impressions. I did use my sander to distress the edges...gotta love that white core paper! I used a Martha Stewart Gerber Daisy for the top of the card. I also used my Karen Foster snap stamps to stamp hi. (Which, by the way... did you stop by Ellen's blog? She posted a comment the other day that the snap stamps will be discontinued!!!! Boo hoo...had to order a bunch in all different sizes!) Anyway, I will be gone all weekend scrappin with girlfriends! Saturday is a Y-ME crop for breast cancer, and Sunday my MIL is hosting a SU! party. My wonderful hubby has the kids! YEA! Have a wonderful weekend....and by the way one last thing (OK, I know I am rambling) Blog candy will be offered as soon as I hit 5,000!!!!

15 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card, and the color combo. I must admit that I cheat with my old brass templates, I use them in the cuttlebug, with a little adjustment they work great.

Sherrie said...

love the little swimsuit, I need to find one like that, know where I can find one without having to try it on??? Hate swimsuit shopping..LOL! Love how you sanded it to draw attention to the polka dots!

Tracy.H said...

What a cute card! Love the colors.

Unknown said...

Those of us who don't own any bugs still dry emboss! lol
Love the teeny polka dot bikini.
Have a great weekend. (sounds like it will be)

Anonymous said...

ohhh girlie that is tooo cute!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Wow-wee! I love all the details. What a stunning creation!

Smiles,
Nancy Grant

Jami Speidel said...

LOVE this card!! It is so stinkin' cute!!! Sounds like you have a fun and busy weekend planned! ENJOY!!!

Jill said...

Very cute! Love the colors and that awesome flower!

Bevie Pearl said...

I love how you designed this card!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun card! AWESOME!!!

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

I LOVE this card! You have definitely inspired me to get out my dry embossing stuff!

Vicki G said...

This is SO cute. Love all the dimension that you have going on here!

Vicki

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just too cute! Love that bikini!

Swamp Tulip said...

Great job - I love the colors you used with this card. Sometimes it feels good to go back and use those old brass templates - doesn't it!

Beautiful work.

Teresa

Unknown said...

What great cards you have! I love them all so far! I think I'll have to rethink the whole Martha line. There are a couple of things you pointed out that I quite like! I'm trying to not buy a thing until the SU! new catty to decide where my stamping dollars will go. I'm so weak! LOL
TFS, Tara