Monday, December 17, 2007

Baker Cortney & RAKS!

As many of you know, Cortney has discovered cooking! She decided to help us bake cookies this past Sunday! We found this chef hat and thought it perfect for keeping her hair out of the batter. Where is the apron you ask? My son was wearing that part. Maybe I need to consider getting her her own chef set! And yes she still has her Hello Kitty PJ's on! (We basically stayed in our pajamas all day on Sunday and just baked and baked!) So as not to show favoritism among my children I will show a picture of Kyle tomorrow!
Now on to these wonderful RAKS! This one is from Allison Filo, the GURU of Internet blogs! This girl rocks! She has all the latest info on blog candy, tutorials, etc! And she is super sweet to boot! Thanks Allison!
This RAK was from Florence over at Flossie Goes Hi TEch! She is the cyber queen of blogging! She must visit a million a day, and always leaves such sweet comments! Thanks so much for this sweet card Florence!
I got this little surprise in the mail from Mary Ann over at A Very Mary Design. She noticed I had used sheet music on one of my cards and mailed it to me.....just like that! She and I were Halloween swappers! She is quickly becoming a favorite blogging buddy. She is such a generous person. Thanks to Mary Ann!
And last but certainly not least is my good friend Simone. Her blog is a Daily Dose of Spazz. IF you are EVER in the need of a good laugh, she is the one to cheer you up. I am fortunate to live near to her, so on Saturday I went to her house for the first time. She lives about 45 minutes away. I left nice and early so I would be on time. I got there a half an hour early! I would have drove around for awhile, except Chicago makes me a little nervous with all their one way streets and all! So I called her, and someone else answered the phone. I asked this person if it was Simone, and the voice replied, "Noooooooooooo."
I asked, "Carol?"
The voice again Replied, "Noooooooo, take a guess!"
Finally, it hit me, "Max?"
"Yep! By the way, my Mom is still in the shower."
Crap I thought......should I sit in the car and wait? So I asked, "Will your mom kill me if I'm early?" "Yea, probably, " was his reply. OK, I'm willing to take a chance that I may be killed. So I drove around to find parking, and went to Simone's house. And guess what? She didn't kill me! She even fed me lunch and gave me presents! Just look at these cutie stamps from Amuse! And this box! SOOOOO cute! I hung out with her, Max, and her friend Carol all afternoon. We laughed, stamped a little, and ate! Thanks for having me Simone!

8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What great fun, your daughter looks like she was having a great time, bet the cookies are delicious.

Unknown said...

what a sweet picture and great memories!! Looks like she's really enjoying herself! :)

Greta Adams said...

oh gosh....i love those stamps she gave you!! those are super cool!!

and Max..oh how i love thee max...he keeps his mama in check when she wants to send crazy stuff like glitter and make up and all that nonsense down here to my 3 year old!!

glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

Love Sundays in my jammies...just the best.
Looks like you were baking up a storm, maybe Cortney has found her niche, she'll grow up to be a master chef!
Man am I glad you get to witness the insanity of the kid firsthand, I think sometimes people think I am making some of this stuff up!
You can be early anytime girl!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Nice, sweet picture. She looks like she is having so much fun!! I love baking cookies, what a fun project! Happy Holidays, and yes, I would get her, her own chef set, and another apron...LOL
my son is the baker in my family!!

Very Mary said...

The "moon & back" stamp is so cute! I have the autographed book by Sam McBratney - a coveted book indeed!

Rose Ann said...

That is so awesome that Cortney is enjoying baking so much, and what a sweet picture!!

Great RAK's! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

I love all the great pictures of your kids! Cortney is becoming quite the cook, isn't she?