Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Valentine's Day .....again! Last Chance for Blog candy!

Here is another card made with Sweet n' Sassy Stamps. Unfortunately it looks better IRL! The chocolate is blending into the red heart. It is much easier to see IRL. I stamped the chocolates in brown Palette Noir ink and then colored the tops with my Copics. I crystal lacquered them and then cut them out. I adhered them to ANOTHER red felt heart. (Told ya, if it's on my desk, it gets used up!) I added a paper doily and pulled out my sewing machine. The paper is by SU!. The sentiment is also Sweet n' Sassy.

Today at school, the secretary came into my classroom to tell me my husband was on the phone. I really panicked because he NEVER calls me at work. I rushed past my principal to the phone and asked Brian, "What's wrong?" There was a brief silence, (which only worried me more...) He proceeded to say, " I am so embarrassed! I told your principal to just take a message, that it was nothing important, but he insisted on getting you out of class." (Probably, because he NEVER calls, that my principal thought it MUST be important!)
Now, I am getting impatient with him, "Why are you embarrassed?" I ask.
"Well..........I called to ask you to go to Wolf's Bakery to pick up my Paczki.....I won't make it out of work on time, and they close at 6:00."
"That's it? No emergency? You just need me to pick up baked goods?"
"Yep.........and if you tell anyone, I will have to hurt you!"
I hung up the phone.......and needless to say.....told EVERYONE at school! They all got a pretty good chuckle out of this one. At least he has his priorities straight! LOL!


Don't forget.....scroll down for some blog candy!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweetie...Baked goods are always an emergency! LOL
Very cute card, is that heart from Target? Got some for the MS girls last week.

Sharon said...

Boy, that InterestedinU guy is a real hoot these days! Isn't he?!

Amy said...

I've had several emergencies involving baked goods...LOL..love the card!!

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh that is such a gorgeous card.
Alison

Rose Ann said...

That is a beautiful Valentine!! I truly enjoyed your story as well!! I would have told the world too!! Lol! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

What a cute story... gotta love him!!

Anonymous said...

That's funny and sweet ! A man needs his sweet, yummy filled treats!

Love the card too!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a lovely card, Michele! Just Love it!

Elaine said...

Nice card. I will have to try sewing on a card...it's a nice decorative detail.

Funny phone call! Thank goodness it was only a sweet emergency, lol!

Ila said...

Love this Beautiful card!!...yup..baked goods...a male emergency!!

Christi Flores said...

That card is yummy! I love it! I also loved that story! Men! LOL

Marlou McAlees said...

lol Michelle {baked goods}
Your card is stunning!!! {as always }
xx

marcibun said...

That's a gorgeous card - if it looks better IRL then it must really be AWESOME!

Kristine said...

Oh, I LOVE this!! :) Very creative with the doily and heart and that stitching! ;)