Sunday, May 25, 2008

Remember Foam Stamps?

Simone and Greta over at Scrap Your Crap hosted a challenge last week to use those foam stamps that were so popular a few years back. At the time I had to have every one that was made....so I have quite a collection! This LO is of my son. I altered the pic of him reading in Adobe Photoshop. I converted it to black and white, made a second layer and "erased" the book so the colors would show through. My son was diagnosed with a learning disability/dyslexia in 1st grade. He was really behind in reading....but is now reading at grade level. He loves to read anything about history. He can sit on the couch, or in his bed for hours reading a good book. I am really proud of him, because he never gave up, even when reading was so difficult for him!

I will post tomorrow about my Surprise from my hubby!! I have lots of pics to share with you, so check back!

4 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Awesome page and he should be proud of himself too!! :0)

Bunny B said...

Certainly will be checking back :)

Deb Wood said...

I love this page, fabulous layout. Great job keeping at the reading. My son is isn first grade now, he had a lot of trouble in Kindergarten, but is also now at grade level, makes you feel good and they should be so proud. Funny Cameron likes the same kinds of books too, but they are still a bit difficult for him!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kyle! Great photo and an exceptional child!!! (Can you tell I am the Grammy?)