Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wedding Shower

A week or so ago I mentioned that Cortney's teacher is getting married in June. The school threw her a wedding shower that included her students. I wanted to make her a card. (well actually I HAD to make her a card.....because she knows that I make cards.....and going to Hallmark would NOT be acceptable!) I used this set from Artful Inkables. I used Versamark and black embossing powder. I used my Copic airbrush system to give it a bit of color. I left the Nestibility on to give it a pretty white edge.

I placed a doily under the main image and did a bit of sewing. The paper is Graphic 45. Love its delicious vintagyness! (Is that even a word? and if so.....did I spell it totally wrong?)

The little bouquet of flowers stuck in my ribbon was picked up in the bridal section at Michaels. I have bought some really pretty things in the bridal section at Michaels! : )
That's all I've got for you today! It is such a busy time of the year.......too much to do!
Thanks for stopping!!! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!!

17 comments:

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Michele,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours. So gorgeous paper

Hugs Riet.x

Carolyn Bounds said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment:o) It is an honor coming from someone so very talented!

I love your gorgeous wedding creation!! Every detail is stunning, and those Graphic 45 papers are "delicious vintagyness"!!! I know Cortney's teacher is going to cherish it!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hello Michelle, wow what a gorgeous wedding card, very pretty i adore it. Thank you for your dog story, we are looking at re-homing, and although i would like a english bull dog or staffordshire bull dog im sure we will be like you and end up with something totally different.

Have a good day hunny, hugs Linda x

strawberry fields said...

This is adorable!
Fiona x

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous, Michele:O) Love the image, fab layout, beautiful:O)

Thanks for popping by my blog;O)
Hugs, Nancy.

Cricket said...

very pretty!!!

smiles,

Elisa said...

Thanks for the sweet comment in my blog. Just had a look in yours, I surely have lots to learn!!!

The wedding one is beatiful, but I was really taken by the bookmark/card one.

Kaz said...

Hallmark would never have a card as gorgeous as this, but yes I know exactly what you mean, the pressure is on when family and friends know you make cards!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW! This is gorgeous!! LOVE the vintage look ... and the DP is so pretty and shabby-chic-ish! LOVE it!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the lacy vintage look! Your airbrushing is gorgeous!! What awesome dp!!

Audrey said...

what an elegant card. I just love the airbrush affect - I want an airbrush system now!!! LOL!!!

Unknown said...

So so pretty! The colors are soft and romantic! :)

Regina Easter said...

WOW, THAT BLACK IS SO STRIKING ON THIS CARD...LOVE IT

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful card! I love the image in black, the beautiful, vintagey looking paper, and the doily. So Shabby Chic!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Michele!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Oh so beautiful!

:-)

Elena said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the soft colors of the papers!