Sunday, July 12, 2009

Today is a "Pool" Kind of Day!

Since today is a beautiful sun shining kind of day......(and believe me, they have been few and far between), I am posting a summery kind of card! This is a new stamp by Impression Obsession. I purchased it at Craft Fancy a few weeks ago. I colored it with my Copics. To get the texture you see on the towel, I took a wash rag and my blending solution and dabbed at the towel.

See this cool sand? It is by a new company started right here in Illinois called Mudd Puddles. You can purchase a variety of different "sands" that he mixes up and sells in little pots. The glue is already mixed in, so you just spread it and let it dry. I love the texture it lends to the card.
Paper is by SU! and October Afternoon. I did some stitching and distressing too. The starfish was a chipboard piece that was covered as well.
Hope the sun is shining where you are.......Have a very happy Sunday!!!!

16 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW this is awesome!!! What a great design!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity!!!

Gabriela said...

OMW, Michelle, this is sensational! I'm squealing with glee over this darling beach card. Your coloring is superb and I adore the starfish embelly and said. I am WANTING this card!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card!! The sand looks so awesome on your card!! Beautiful details!! TFS! :)

Amy said...

You are so talented Michele! I have loved watching you grow in your creativity!

Yvette said...

Your card is incredible! I LOVE that sand... your starfish is cute, and that image is awesome! Love the chair with towel! Great job!!! Have a great Sunday!

Unknown said...

OMG! I love this card! The sand really does add alot of texture:D

Dina Kowal Creative said...

I so love this image! And how fun is that sand stuff...very very cool. Love the bold colors you used...the Leigh Hannan images are great for matching whatever strikes your fancy.

Stef H said...

this is fantastic. i must check out that sand! gorgeous chair!@

hugs,

Margie Higuchi said...

OMGosh, Michele! I've been trying to find Dave for the longest time! LOL! THanks for the link! I love his sand!! Great card btw...don't you love that stamp?! Have a great week!! xoxoxo

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Michele,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Rose Ann said...

This is amazing, Michele!! I love that image, and your coloring looks fantastic!! I love the textured you've given this as well!!

Renee G said...

love that sand! fabulous, cute cute card!

Amy Johnson said...

I know what you mean about it being a 'Pool' kind of day. We haven't had too many of those where I live either. Its been a cool and cloudy summer. Great gardening weather though. I never get too hot in the garden. Love your card! I love the 'sand' and the starfish embellie. Fabulous image!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

i love the detail and dimensions to your card! FAB!

Unknown said...

I so LOVE this!! Beautiful colors and I love that image!! :)

Jana Eubank said...

Oh, gosh! That sand looks FUN!!! Everything you make is flawless, girl! Super cute card!!!