Monday, April 26, 2010

The Name Challenge!

This week's challenge over at Noel's Challenge Blog was to scrap about your name. I am sure that some people have some very poetic reasons behind their name. Something special. Mine? Not so much. The only thing I can say, is that my parents thought they were having a boy. So they decided they liked the name Michael. To their surprise I turned out to be a girl! The closest thing to Michael I guess was.....Michele. That's it. End of story. Nothing special. I wasn't named Faith or Hope, or Tuesday for the day I was conceived, or after some important relative. Nope. But nonetheless, it is my name. And kind of a pretty name, if I do say so myself! So even though it has no spectacular meaning behind it.....it's my name. (Oh geez, just started thinking about that song from the Ting Tings.......That's not my name......LOL!)

I used Noel's Playdate kit (sold out) and lots of Glimmer Mist!
Flashback ALERT!!! If you were a child of the 70's....do you remember this mural wallpaper? If you had any in your house, I would LOVE it if you shared what your mural was! It just cracks me up to see this! : )


Check out the other gal's LO's on the challenge blog! I hope you can join us!
******AND don't forget the week long celebration at Crafty Secrets starts today! Be sure to check the BLOG!!!!

15 comments:

Crystal said...

So fun and fabulous!!1 LOVE your projects Michele!!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh I just adore this Michele and what a great story!!!!

Wishing you a great week sweet friend!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

i often wonder how many 'michelle's' were supposed to be 'michael's' LOL LOL LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this lo michele!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee all the misting!!! and we didn't have a mural wall...just wood paneling!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Norunn said...

Wonderful LO! Love what you have done with the glimmermist!

Allison Rankin said...

Bwah ha ha! Love your journalling. My mom said I was going to be Heidi or Allison and that I just looked more like an Allison. My name means "little truthful one" so they always joked that "boy, did they ever get that wrong!". Hmm, I may need to do this challenge too!

jjcreations said...

What a fabulous page - love the spritzing!!!

Carolyn said...

Love this layout. I've just gotten into the spritzers. Aren't they beautiful. I so miss doing my layouts, must get back to them soon, you are so inspiring me.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Riet said...

So beautiful layout Michele,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rosanne said...

Terrific layout!

Unknown said...

I so wanted to name my layout "that's not my name" LOL! But it didn't go with my story --- glad to share a name with you - even if you only have 'L'

Lynnda said...

This is gorgeous... Brilliant LO... love it.... nice work!..

Rose Ann said...

Oh my...your page is just gorgeous, Michele!!

Debra said...

Hey, I've got a friend who named her daughter Michael .. interesting huh?

Anonymous said...

is that true?

Anonymous said...

i am hobby illustrator, possibly you like to publish some of my images? i think it would be fun for your site :-)
absolutely like your design! write me a e-mail please in case you want to colaborate