Monday, December 6, 2010

Crafty Secret's Christmas and More Family Photos!

Good morning to you! I have a Crafty Secrets card to share with you using the new Christmas Mail set. I colored this sweet gal in with Copics, cut her out with Spellbinder's die, Beaded Ovals, and did a bit of airbrushing. I used Spellbinder's die, Beaded Ovals, again to cut out the green felt. I hand stitched the felt in purple to match the Cosmo Cricket's Mitten Weather papers. I added a white satin ribbon, and purple glittery snowflake, and a button.

I have a few family photos to share with you from Saturday. The cousins got together and decorated gingerbread houses, opened presents, and apparently pose with silly elf hats! Here is my girl after like picture number 98! But I finally got her eyes straight, head up, no tonsils showing! And what glorious blue eyes she has!...... SWOON!
I don't often post pics of the "big" kids, but I had to post my sister, Lisa here! I guess the adults wanted in on the fun too! : )
Oh! And did I mention the hat moves, lights up, and plays music? Here is my "big kid!" ; )

My nephew, Alex.........And believe me, you'd better be quick with the camera with this kid!

......Unlike his sister Katie, who will pose alllllll day long for you, if you want!

Kyle, helping Hannah with her gingerbread house! (He takes his "Big Cousin" roll very seriously!)
And my nephew, Nicholas, who is posing with his finished gingerbread house. (I think dad may have helped him just a bit!) ; )
And last, but not least, here is the entire crew together with Santa. Everyone looks great......except my girl, with her eyes closed. Which is why I was so excited about the first pic....cuz this is her norm! Oh! And just so you are clear......their shirts say, "Elves" not Elvis! LOL!
On top of all this fun on Saturday, Brian, myself and the kids went to my in-laws for dinner last night. I thought we were going there because my FIL's TV went out and Brian was going to "help" him "fix" it. But instead? They surprised our lil' family with a trip to Jamaica! I just about passed out! Who does that? PINCH ME!!! We are going in March.....which is just around the corner!!! YAY!!!!
Off to school, to bring more decorations.......let the Griswald Christmas decorating contest continue........pictures to come soon! : )
Have a great day!!!!

26 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee that card and all the BEAUTIFUL photos!!!!! And a trip to Jamica!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! That will be A LOT warmer than Chicago in March!!! LOL!!! How cool!! What a WONDERFUL GIFT!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jingle said...

Your card is so pretty! And the photos are adorable!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great card, wonderful family photos and Jamaica too. It doesn't get any better than that.

Hearts Turned said...

Such a beautiful card, Michele--and what beautiful kids (the big ones, too!) Your daughter's eyes are just stunning!

Hope your Monday is wonderful!

Julie

Debby said...

Love the family pictures. Esp. the picture of your daughter.
What a wonderful thing to do giving you all the trip.

Lorraine said...

Love your card - that image is adorable. And thanks for sharing your photos - it brought a smile to my face this early morning Monday. I need to get an elf hat, lol. And congrats on Jamaica! Woohoo! More beautiful photo ops! Yeah!

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous Michele!! Love your coloring!! Your family photos are soo adorable!! TFS! HUGS

ScrappyMama said...

Thanks for sharing all your family pics...you're right, your daughter does have beautiful blue eyes (when they're open - ha ha - I can say that 'cause I always blink when the pic is taken!)!! Ooohhhh, you will love Jamaica...especially in March!!

Shawne said...

Your pictures are so wonderful, you can see a lot of love in your family, your daughters eyes are AMAZING, your cards not bad either, LOL, I'm kidding, it is great!

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness what a fabulous group of family photos Michele, soooo much holiday fun!!!!! LOVE your card :)

Riet said...

So beautiful card Michele,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your card and all the layers. Great pics.

Jocelyn said...

First....love the card!!!! So very pretty!!!

Loved seeing all the family pics...looks like a great time was had and Cort's blue eyes are amazing!!!

Wow what a great trip!!!! You are going to have such a great time!!! I am so truly happy for you!!!

Wishing you a wonderful day!!!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

What a great card. Love the photos too. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, or else I would not have seen your wonderful work.
Hugs
Tanya

Diane said...

Oh my,such a beauty!
The pics are too cute,especially the one of the niece that would pose all day...she's too cute!
Lucky you! Jamaica is beautiful,
been there 3 times!!!!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card, more beautiful pics of your family. How special for your In-Laws to give you a special trip.
~Diane

Cheryl said...

Such a beautiful card and a sweet image!!! Love all your pictures,looks like alot of fun.I will be making my gingerbread men this weekend....but now I also want to make a house,they look fabulous!!
xx

Pattyjo said...

Congratulations! You will have the time of your life. As a huge family treat, my son & wife, treated the whole family on a 3 day cruise. My husband & I, said we can die now...this has been the best thing ever, because we had all of our 11 grandchildren and my own kids, a total of 16! all together for nothing but fun. We had a ball....NOTHING....will ever beat that!

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a great card! I love the felt, never even thought of something other than CS, thank you for showing that. Your card is so cute and love how it is colored. Your family pictures are great what a nice looking family and then to top it off a trip during cold March to Jamaica, yippee!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures---every one of them!! How fantastic you are going to Jamaica!!

yyam said...

I love the layers on your card! Just gorgeous! And you have such a beautiful extended family! :)

Ree Donnelly said...

wonderful fam photos... thanx for sharing w/us all! SWEET SWEET SWEET!!!

Sherri said...

Wow, your daughter has beautiful crystal blue eyes. You can tell you and your sister are kin even without knowing.

Congrats on your trip! You are blessed to have such a sweet family!

mary stuart said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures of your beautiful family! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Brian's parents are so very thoughtful and generous. A trip to Jamaica in March! Perfect! What a surprise!
oh, and such a darling card!

Beate said...

Gorgeous coloring of the image. Wonderful card!!!

It looks like you had a wonderful day with your family. Thanks for sharing those wonderful photos. And wow! Your in-laws sure pulled out an AMAZING gift for your family. That is wonderful!

Hugs and smiles

Marisa said...

These pictures are precious!! Love the photo ops with the hat :) Looks like you had a lot of fun together. Enjoy Jamaica!!!