Friday, February 4, 2011

JustRite's Friday Sketch Challenge & My Baby Turns 14!

Good morning! I officially had two snow days.....which was good because the first day I shoveled....and shoveled......and shoveled.......the second day I was in traction! I was so sore yesterday it was ridiculous! But now the snow is under control and I am headed back to work. Nothing like going back one day and then having the weekend off! : )

Today, I have a card using this sketch. It is JustRite's Friday challenge!
I altered mine a bit by rounding the corners and instead of a flower, I used a ribbon and stick pin. And I just realized right now that I created a vertical card instead of horizontal....... : ) I used JustRite's Mother Nature's Gift set. I stamped it in Versamark on the black paper and sprinkled it with white embossing powder. For the sentiment I used the Happy Everything set. Kind of a different card for me......more modern than I usually make! I love the hot pink and black contrasting with the white! Be sure to pop on over to the JustRite Blog to see the other designer's take on this sketch.
Today is my baby's birthday. 14 years ago today, this boy dug his way into my heart and left a permanent mark there. I can't believe how quickly time has passed. It seems like just yesterday he was in his high chair eating spaghetti, tossing the spaghetti......and bopping around to Tom Jones. Even then he had a larger than life personality. He is a good kid, he is smart, funny, sweet, and has a soft heart. I am lucky he is mine.......Happy Birthday Kyle!
Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWW Happy Birthday to your baby sweetie!!!! What a GREAT photo!!! Your card is fabulous, LOVE those colors Michele!!

1CardCreator said...

He looks so sweet, they grow up too fast! Happy Birthday Kyle, love the card too. ~Diane

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday Kyle!!!!! Great photo MOM!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

mary stuart said...

Happy Birthday Kyle!
I'm sure you remember the day quite well, Michele! Birthdays are very special to the moms!
What a storm. Yahoo snow days - too bad they come with lots of extra work.
Love your card, Michele.
That black with white embossing is lovely.

~Tammy~ said...

Happy Birthday to Kyle! I hope your muscles have eased up a bit...ouch! Your card is so fun and fresh and I love your take on the sketch! Love the color choices too!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love the bright pop of color and the white on black!! Super! :)