Wednesday, February 2, 2011

When a Child is Born....

Good morning! Today is officially a SNOW DAY! Seriously, I have never seen such a blizzard in all my life. 1979 was the closet thing I can remember. The winds howled all night, we had thunder, and blinding snow. I can't see out of many of windows because the snow is covering them, and I can't open my front door. Thankfully, my back door is openable! (Otherwise this gal would be snowed in for a few days! ; ) I will be back later with some pictures!

Anyway, my card today is for a brand new baby. My girlfriend just had a 10lb baby boy! She has two girls, so her little family is now complete! I made this card for her using Angel Blessings by Crafty Secrets. The angel was colored with Copics and given a liberal amount of glitter. The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and sprinkled with silver embossing powder. The circle and scalloped circle were cut with Spellbinder's dies. The paper is Papertrey Ink and Melissa Frances.

A few pearls here and there were added to finish it off.
Off to grab my boots and shovel my way out of here! It could be a few hours! Have a wonderful Wednesday my friends!

12 comments:

Anne said...

Gorgeous Michelle, so pretty.
Hope the weather improves soon for you.
Anne x

JennyKozar said...

Just beautiful - 10 lbs!!! That is amazing.

Crystal said...

Total Gorgeousness Michele, WOW beautiful!

Cathryn said...

Oh my how beautiful!!! Your friend will adore it!!!! 10 pounds is hard! I had a 9 lb 14 oz baby and twins that were 8 lbs 2 oz and 7 lb 14 oz. I had them naturally I sure hope your friend had an easy time. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, I am now a follower! Cathryn67 <3

Anonymous said...

Wow girl!! This is so stunning! LOVE the shimmery purples and gorgeous layout!! Stay safe and warm hun...we've got lots of snow too here in IL!! HUGS

Anne-Marie said...

I love snow, but maybe not that much! My heaviest baby was 10lbs 2ozs and was actually my easiest birth! Your card is truly beautiful....stay warm x

Yoshiras time to craft said...

really cute card.love the shimmer on the angels wings.sorry about your weather good luck with the shovel.

Shantaie said...

So pretty~ Love the sentiment embossed in silver!
a 10lb baby?!! goodness he is a big one :)

Hope you are not snowed in for too long....but Im sure you will put that time to good crafty use!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh so GORGEOUS!!!

Leslie Deering said...

so beautiful ! and hope you get some rest and take care of that back!

CreativeMish said...

What a beautiful card

Unknown said...

Stunning card! Hope you're staying warm with all that snow! :)