Monday, July 18, 2011

Crafty Secret's DT Tutorials!

Click HERE for my Blog Candy!
(Scroll down to enter. Drawing ends on July 29th)

Good morning! I am loving all of the input everyone has been giving me regarding what types of tutorials you would like to see! It definitely gives me some direction and ideas for the future! So keep those ideas coming! : ) It is ironic that today is the Crafty Secret's DT Tutorial Hop! Each designer has a unique tutorial for you today! : ) My tutorial is using a brand new Crafty Secret's set called, Vintage Silhouettes and airbrushing with Copic Markers to create a sunset.
I love silhouette images, and this one is particularly sweet! It is the epitome of childhood!













Are you ready to begin? First, these are the supplies you will need to get started.
I love working with Crafty Secret's stamps because it easy to position the stamp on the acrylic block for precise placement.
I used Versamark to ink up my image.
When using black embossing powder it is common to get a bit of splatter around the image.
I use a soft paint brush to brush away the excess powder.
Next, heat emboss image.

Punch a 2" circle from scrap paper.
Place it directly over your embossed image.
I use magnets to hold the circle in place.
These are the 3 Copic colors I used to create my sunset. But feel free to experiment with different colors. I usually Google Sunset images to see the wide spectrum of colors and their placement.
When working with the Copic Airbrush system be sure the chisel end is facing this way.
I worked my way from top to bottom starting with purple.
Then blue, overlapping the colors a bit.
Lastly, comes yellow, remembering to overlap the colors a bit.
Take your circle off and Voila! : )
I used Spellbinder's square die to cut out my image. Notice I lined it up, so the grassy hill wasn't crooked.
After cutting out the image, take distressed ink and a sponge and apply it to the edges of the square.
Like this! : )
From there I just assembled my card, added some pretty ribbon, rhinestones, and a Prima flower. I am going to try my hand at a video soon.....but I am a bit intimidated to try it! But I do think that would be easier than trying to take a zillion pictures! I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today! Be sure to check out the rest of the DT's!

I am headed to CHA today! I am excited to see all the wonderful new products and see some crafty friends! : )
Have a great day!!!!

40 comments:

Regina said...

That is such a beautiful card. Love it! Have fun at CHA.

Vicki Chrisman said...

WOW Michele.. that card is just stunning! Those colors are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for the tutorial! Love this card!

bethann said...

wonderful card. great tutorial but i don't have any Copics, gasp, so will try w the markers i have (water based)

Robin Marshall Clark said...

Oh Michelle!!! This card is just beautiful! You got everything right, as you always do. Have fun at CHA!

vio~ said...

oh so cool!!! that is just amazing, I love the masking technique. Thank you for showing how!

Tammy Roberts said...

Lovely card... thanks for showing the masking technique.

Pam said...

Love your card Michele, great tutorial too!

C said...

Beautiful...thanks for the tutorial. I just got my airbrush system but am afraid to take it out of the box! Perhaps this is the push I needed.

Hearts Turned said...

Beautiful card, Michelle & wonderful tutorial! Have a wonderful time at CHA!!!

Julie

Kristina said...

I love this card. Thanks for the detailed step by step. So helpful!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Great tutorial and beautiful card...love the colors!!! TFS

Jen said...

Great tutorial, I keep forgetting that I need to get the airbrush system for my copics, I guess I have too much on my plate to remember, :)

Mickie said...

Great card and HAVE A BLAST at CHA!

Becky Dunham said...

Absolutely gorgeous Michele! Thanks for the tutorial - i don't own Copics and did not even know they had an airbrush system but I will have to improvise! Love this image - so adorable!

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

LauraB said...

great masking tutorial-thanks! where do I find the mini magnets?
safe travels to/from CHA!

Kymberlee - The Mama Midwife said...

I think this is the first time I have ever wanted to completely copy something I saw on a blog. I absolutely love it.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh what a beautiful card.. I am afraid even with your amazing tutorial I wouldn't be able to do this... just beautiful...

gypsy rose said...

love the stamps. will try the heat embossing, but not a copic gal, so will have to try something else for a sunset. tfs

Judy Cook said...

Oh I love your card. I love the colors you used.

Unknown said...

Michelle, your card is beautiful - and your tutorial is great!
hugs,
Gini

Sandi McLean said...

Wow you made this look so easy! Fantastic card!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! Lov this card!!! Thank you so much for sharing how you made it!! Lov the stamp to...Jackie



jacthom@verizon.net

Kelly said...

This card is beautiful. Great masking work to set off your image.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Michele, and loved your tutorial. Have a wonderful time at CHA.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Wonderful card, and thanks for the step by step info. Silhouetts just are so playful. Have a wonderful day.

Carissa said...

Awesome tutorial!! I am always inspired by your creations. Beautiful card. Have fun at CHA!!

rebecca said...

What a wonderful card. I will make a similar one ..........

Sue from Oregon said...

How fun tosee how you use all those craft tools! A very happy card!

Rose Ann said...

I love that silhouette image, and you've shared such great tips!! Thank you!! I love how your background turned out as well!!

kitty said...

I enjoyed your tutorial on creating the background. No copics yet, but I'm going to try to make a similar background with my watercolors.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Great tutorial! Like your idea to hold the mask down with magnets. Beautiful card using the silhouette images.

NWFlamingo said...

What a wonderful card and tutorial. Thank you.

FauveDesign said...

Gorgeous,super cool tutorial!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card!

Marie said...

Thanks so much for the tut! This is awesome!
Craftelicious.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

The card is beautiful,havent got brave enough to air brush yours is beautful

zehra said...

Gorgeous card, I like how you created the silhouette but also the masking. Thank you

bonnie said...

Absolutely stunning! :) Hugs x

Ann R. said...

New to your blog - so glad I found you! I LOVE this card and thanks so much for the tutorial. I'm going to try it (after my son's wedding tomorrow)! :)

ninanal said...

tarjeta hermosa.