Monday, December 12, 2011

Glittered Ornament with Box....

I have had an amazing, yet exhausting weekend! Saturday was filled with not so fun stuff, like doctor's appointments and car repairs. (again) But Sunday more than made up for it. Brian and I headed to Misericordia bright and early and spent several hours packaging cookies to be shipped out. Jen's friends were all there to support us and each of us wore our white chef coat and hair net. ; ) We reminisced about Jen, laughed about growing older, and talked about life in general. As a group we were able to contribute 58 hours of volunteer time to honor Jen and give to my daughter Cortney. On top of that everyone brought Santa gifts to the residents. My heart must have grown a hundred sizes this weekend.

I have a week of ornaments for you! This entire week, I will be sharing ornaments with you that I have altered. This first one uses my most favorite thing in the whole world.....German glass glitter! I just used an ordinary glass ornament that you buy in an 8 pack. I covered the entire ornament with Modge Podge and rolled it in the glitter. I let the ornament sit in the "glitter bowl" until it was dry. I painted the ornament top with white paint.
I used the Sweet Tooth Boxes Cricut Cartridge to cut the box at 6". I folded it and adhered all of the sides. I decorated the top of the box with a bit of tulle and a large glittered snowflake that was cut from the Winter Lace cartridge. I cut the poinsettia at 3" and added pink stamens to the center and attached that to the center of my snowflake. To hide the tulle's knot I tied 3 jingle bells together and hot glued it to the back of the snowflake.


To dress up the ornament, I cut another poinsettia at 1 1/2" using hot pink paper. I inked the edges and glittered it. I added a Prima acrylic flower to the center using my hot glue gun. I added a few additional Prima acrylic sprigs, and tulle to dress it up.

Love these Prima pieces!





I am headed to work! This week the teachers and myself are doing special themed lunches all week. Today I am partly responsible for our "potato bar." Yum!


Have a wonderful day!!!

12 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

GORGEOUS ornament!!! And love the matching gift box!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Sherry Eckblad said...

absolutely beautiful!
Yummo...I love potato bars.

Patti J said...

These are beautiful! Mmmm....what time is lunch?

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Stunning! So, this is the first ornament! You have a hard act to follow with this beauty!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

EllenaElizabeth said...

I just saw your work heavily featured in the JustRight Stampers catalogue, I love it. I could pick your cards and boxes out before I even checked the name underneath. God Bless You.

Regina said...

Beautiful ornament and the box is too pretty to open. Wow! Sounds like the weekend turned out to be a great one. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Regina

Hrvatica said...

Beautiful ornament!

Something Special said...

These are so beautiful. I have been glittering up lots lately too.

Riet said...

So beautiful creations Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Absolutely beautiful!! The box is just as pretty as the ornament!

Kimberly

JaniceA said...

O love the ornament and the matching box, you do such amazing work Michele!
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Stunning, not only the ornament the box tooo!! Oh my!!