Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Valentine's Jar

Do you ever get an idea and just have to run with it? I do. Sometimes inspiration strikes me at the oddest times and once the seed is planted in my head, I have to do something about it! I have been on an "altering glass bottles kick" lately!  I decided that making a Valentine bottle was absolutely necessary!  (To see my other altered bottles click HERE and HERE!) I used red alcohol ink and a bit of gold all over the bottle and lid.  I adhered blue lace around the top of the bottle and tied seam binding, twine, and some polka dotted tulle.
I created a "puffy" heart with felt and Spellbinder's heart dies.  I used a blanket stitch around the perimeter in red thread and stuffed it right before closing it with a bit of batting.  The flower was cut with a Sizzix die and cream felt.  I glued it on an angle so it looked like it was dangling right from the bow I had created. I rubbed the stick pins with a bit glossy accents and glittered up those babies too! ; )
......and yes.....I did glitter the felt puffy heart........I just couldn't resist!
.....and a bit of glitter at the bottom of the glass too........
Don't forget today is the last day to enter my giveaway HERE!  I will pick a winner tonight at 10 PM.
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

5 comments:

Diane Hodrick said...

That is so cute. I always love your felt flowers. What a great looking bottle...the red bottle is stunning.

Lisa Dorsey said...

What a gorgeous jar Michele! I love the effect of the alcohol ink on the jar. Very pretty!

Maureen Morton said...

Such a great project! Hearts are one of my favorite things, so this is very special. Great colors and love the touch of sparkle. Super idea!

Karla Yungwirth said...

Great idea! Love the alcohol ink to color the glass and the glitter at the bottom. So cute!

Cricut Couple said...

This is too cute! I just love all of the felt designs you have been using lately. I have to find that flower die. It's wonderful!!!