Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ladybug Votives

Good morning! Last year I made a home decor item for the Cricut Circle and I decided on votive candles. I love the look of votives throughout the house. It gives my home a warm and cozy feel to it. (And it's great for camouflaging the fact that my house would certainly NOT pass the white glove test! LOL!)  I used Martha Stewart's All Occasion Cake Art cartridge and cut my ladybugs at 1 3/4"  There was no shadow image available so I adhered my ladybug to black paper and cut carefully all the way around.
I love using twine on almost all of my projects.  It just adds a perfect finishing touch! The flower was cut using the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge. 
The frame was cut using Elegant Edges and was glittered.   I used it to help "ground" my ladybug. 
I love the idea of the electric votives.....there are no worries about starting a fire! 
Have a great day! Thank you so much for stopping by to pay me a visit!
: )

14 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness....too cute.
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Sooooo pretty!

Maria said...

Too darn cute!! Oh my goodness!!

Theresa said...

Michelle - this is just too darn cute! I love the little bug with the flower on it's back. So so cute!! Great project.

Diane Hodrick said...

I remember these....they were so cute I ran out at and got votives with the best of intentions to make these. Um....didn't do it. I have a girlfriend's birthday next month and I looking for some ideas. These will be made this year. ;) Thanks for the blast from the past. Now I just have to find where I put the little buggers.

Cricut Couple said...

I remember these too. I have them in my book of things that I have scraplifted from the cardmaking scrapbooker! Loved them then, love them now! Amazing!!!

Hrvatica said...

Very pretty.

Addie Recoy said...

I just love the Martha Stewart cake carts, I find myself using them for everything. I really love what you did with it.

Tracey said...

I love this idea......so cute!

Rea' said...

What a cute idea !

Susie Craft Happy said...

Really cute Michele. Neat idea.

Gwen said...

I love these! In fact I have loved them since they were posted on the cricut blog. I wish you could buy this cart because you have made several darling things from it. What a bummer!!

Colleen said...

Those are just adorable
ColleenB.

Kellie Gonzalez said...

Very pretty.