Thursday, April 26, 2012

Shadow Box

I have a fun little project to share with you that was published in the March issue of Cricut Magazine. I took an inexpensive shadowbox frame I purchased from Michaels and converted to a fun piece for the craft room!  I spray painted the frame in cream and sanded the edges to give it a distressed look.  For the inside of the box I spray painted the spools in cream and sanded the edges.  I wrapped fun papers from Pink Paislee around each.  I covered the back panel with lime green paper and hot glued the spools to it.  The dress from was cut from the French Manor Cartridge.  I added a bit of lace, seam binding, and twine to the waist.
I used the Word Collage cartridge and white vinyl for the outside of the glass. I love the depth it all has together!  
Some of you asked about my hair....well the style really didn't change much, but I did get a few reddish streaks in my hair....not too incredibly daring, but I kind of like it! ; )  Thanks so much for stopping by!!

11 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a fun and creative shadowbox! Another great project!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Sis Patterson said...

Fabulous - I love all of the layers of color and detail. It a terrific project - fun, colorful, and perfect!

EllenaElizabeth said...

I just love this. Sewing is my primary 'thing', so this is right up my alley. Thanks for sharing it.

Jingle said...

This is just fabulous!!! I love it!

Cricut Couple said...

WOW!!! I LOVE THIS!!! I have that cartridge and I have never used it, but I have some crafty friends and I have been trying to think of a gift for them. This is PERFECT! I have to go find some shadowboxes now. Thanks so much for sharing it!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

LOVE the shadow box! Very nice! And ya gotta show us the new 'do!; ) Blessings, Sharon

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Another wonderful project!!! Love it all : )

Karen said...

Now this is so pretty...way to show off my new favorite papers!

stampingandstitching said...

I just came across your project on pinterest - it's absolutely fabulous! I love it!

starlipermom said...

Been looking for an idea for this exact sewing word college. Making a gift for the MIL. Was going to put it on slate & sit it on a stand. Love this idea much better & all ready have the spools & shadow box. Awesome idea. Thabks

starlipermom said...

Been looking for an idea for this exact sewing word college. Making a gift for the MIL. Was going to put it on slate & sit it on a stand. Love this idea much better & all ready have the spools & shadow box. Awesome idea. Thabks