Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Our Photo Shoot!

A couple of weeks ago, after posting Cortney's video, (You can view it HERE, I was contacted by a woman named Katie.She is the mother of 6 children and an incredible photographer.(5 boys +1 girl)  She had viewed the video and wondered if Cortney and Patty would want to do a bit of modeling. It was for a campaign that she and another person were advocating for, called, Changing the Face of Beauty. This other person, Steve, is the owner of a local floral shop in Beverly, IL, called Blossom Boys. He sells Fair Trade products and advertises using differently abled children and adults. Katie takes the photos and they advertise for not only Fair Trade, but to heighten awareness..... to get others to look past the disability and more at the person. Both Steve and Katie are amazing people, and both have a child with a disability. They are the most caring, generous people, who make you feel like you've known them your whole life. With this journey I've been on, God has sent me the most wonderful people to cross my path. I am blessed......truly.


Here are some of the pics from Saturday....


These two just make me smile.....


Here is all of us.  Katie is the one on the right and her cutie pie daughter is sitting on Patty's lap. 

I am so glad you have stuck with me these past few days! I know it's been pretty photo heavy around here and not much crafting.  I appreciate you taking this journey with me too.  Your support means a lot to me. 
I promise to be back tomorrow with something crafty!

24 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Beautiful photos! Wonderful post!
Carolyn

Sis Patterson said...

Wonderful photos and absolutely wonderful approach to a campaign and advertising. Cort, Patty, you and all of the friends are beautiful and we are so glad you shared. Thank you for sharing some of your journey with us.

Susie said...

Beautiful photos. What a great thing for Katie and the flower guy to be doing.

Anita Kehn said...

Love "Changing The Face Of Beauty." These photos certainly show beauty. Love is always beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh Michele, these are beautiful, the girls just make me smile!! They truly are faces of beauty.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

What a cool thing! Thanks so much for sharing!

jessica said...

What beautiful pictures!!! And that video is amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing such beautiful faces!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Oh - what AMAZING pictures! She is one phenomenal photographer! Thanks so much for sharing them - totally made my day!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Jingle said...

These are beautiful photos! What a great opportunity!

Dorlene Durham said...

So beautiful! The photos and your daughter! What an incredible idea and so true.

Sonya said...

Those photos brought tears to my eyes....just gorgeous, amazing pictures. You are a blessed lady!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful photos and God's love shines through in each one of them! TFS

Trina said...

What a lovely set of photos! You all look so happy!

Noel said...

Wonderful photo shoot! The pictures are awesome....they not only show the outer beauty but the inner beauty as well...the smiles say it all....and I'm smiling too!
Thank you for sharing your precious moments...how blessed I feel. Hugs

Karons Krafty Korner said...

This is wonderful Michele, thank you for sharing your life with us. These photos are awesome and really did make me smile. Wonderful:-)))

KOLA Designs said...

How amazing!! Incredible photos and an incredible love shown through them!

Debby said...

You will treasure those pictures forever. They are beautiful.
I just noticed your son's picture. He is so handsome.
Happy Anniversary.

vdoyle8 said...

Great photos!! I particularly love the second one... so sweet!

Colleen said...

Such Wonderful photos.
Thank you for sharing them with us
ColleenB

Anonymous said...

I really have enjoyed the pictures!!
Also, congratulations on your anniversary!!

Rea' said...

Happy to share special times with you... yes God does place special people in our lives for special reasons! Great photos!

Melissa said...

pure Joy, love the matching outfits.

Something Special said...

Sometimes it is nice to get to see photos of a fellow crafter's life, especially family! These pictures are all wonderful, but I love the ones with you and your beautiful daughter the best!

Nuts in a Tree said...

Beautiful pics...I can almost hear the laughter in the pics. Super campaign it sounds like...wtg you!

Rhonda :)