Monday, April 22, 2013

Best Fishes!

 Good morning to you!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  I spent the better part of mine crafting, doing laundry, and visiting with Brian's Gram.  (She just turned 93!) April is speeding to an end and I have to start thinking about Cort's prom next week, Kyle's spring dance, and my girl's 18th birthday.  Plus the school year is starting to wind down and soon I will have to get report cards out, my room packed up, and finish up all of those IEP's.  

As I was crafting and finishing up assignments for Northridge Publishing, I had a moment where I sat back and recognized how lucky of a gal I am.  I adore my Cricut and challenging myself to create something different and unique.  And although, I may not always accomplish that, I get to play, experiment, and have fun trying! So today, I am sharing a card I created for the Quick and Easy magazine.
I used Life's a Beach to create this fun, goldfish shaped card.  I added lots of glitter, clear dew drops, ribbon, and tulle. I added silver Flower Soft at the bottom to emulate rocks.
I adore how Northridge photographs our projects.  They truly do a beautiful job.  The picture above is my photo from home.  (Drab and boring right?) The two below are Northridge's.  It's like the card got an instant makeover!
It's amazing how adding a few props can make a card come alive!
I am off and running to start my day! 
Hope you have a great Monday!
:)

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Congrats...such a fun shaped card!

Sonya said...

What a fun card!!

Melissa said...

Such a cute and creative card. I love my cricut and these magazines.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Oh my goodness that is adorable!

Pat N. said...

Great card! Congrats on being published. You are a lucky gal!

Missy said...

Oh yes, they do such a nice job of showcasing everyone's projects!! This card is just adorable, I love the "rocks" and the super cute glitter fish!!!!

Riet said...

This is so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

~Tammy~ said...

Holy smokes this is irresistible goodness! I am ashamed to admit that I have two cricuts and they don't get much attention because I am not patient to figure cuts out, but you make it look perfect and beautiful every time! Flowerfluff....who would have thunk??? You're a genius!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card. Love that glittery fish.

Carolyn said...

That card is so cute...now another cartridge I simply must have!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a fun and creative card! Love it!

Audrey said...

Fun & creatice card ! Love colors, love it !