Friday, June 21, 2013

More Inktense and Crafty Secrets

I normally post early on Fridays, but today I had to head out of the house early.  Our family had an interview for a possible placement for Cortney. It is a great place, but something that is a bit difficult to wrap my head around. I want this for her, but it is hard to imagine my everyday life without her.  For 18 years, my life has been so entwined with hers, and now there is a possibility that she may be taken care of by someone else. It was a decision that was difficult to make, but honestly, I know it is the right one.  

I tend to go in spurts with my crafting, I find a new toy and go crazy for a bit.  Right now, I am definitely on an Inktense kick! I have been enjoying sitting outside on my deck with images like this one from Crafty Secrets,(Vegetable Garden Stamps) and just coloring like a little kid. The card shape was cut using my Silhouette.  I added some ribbon, rhinestones, pearls, and a bit of twine. 
I again "painted" on some gold Stickles to give my carrots a bit of sparkle.  Yes, even my carrots need to be glittery! ;)
I have been spending a bit more time practicing my photography skills.  For no reason in particular, just because I enjoy it I guess.  I captured this a few nights ago, while my son was playing on his I-Pad.  I loved how the light illuminated part of his face.  He was a good sport, and allowed me to take a few pics of him. 

Have a great weekend everyone! 
:)

6 comments:

Traci Cooley said...

Beautiful pic of your son. Mine always...always makes faces at me. I told him when he gets older and wonders why I have 1,000 pics of the girls and a few awful ones of him to remember why! :-)

Marta said...

Lovely card, Michele. And, a beautiful shot of your son. I can only imagine the adjustment for Courtney as well as the whole family. Sometimes we have to let go a little to grow and blossom. After a few weeks of seeing her love her new surroundings you will know that the choice was the right one. I will keep your situation in my prayers.

Marta

Liz S. said...

Pretty card! Wow! What a tough decision for your family. Go with your gut feelings if you can.

Stef H said...

wow! you surely got the hang of those pencils! carrots never looked so good! this is gorgeous!

your photo is stunning. he's so handsome. they sure grow up fast.

keep courtney and you in my prayers.

hugs :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wow - so cool what you do with those Inktense pencils! Glittery carrots - I like that! Your son is very handsome!