Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer in a Jar....


My summer is quickly coming to a close.  I've been "in school" for the past 3 days doing curriculum mapping.  I look forward to the start of the school year, but I have to admit, I could hang on to summer just a bit longer.  This summer has been somewhat bitter sweet for me.  My lil' family is growing and changing. My son started his first job, and  Cort turned 18.  We've had to do all the legal things to ensure that she is protected.  Things that are positive, necessary, but tug at my heart. 
I love looking at this picture of the 4 of us just 3 years ago.  I can see the changes in my kids, how much they have grown up since then. 
It makes me smile when I remember that day. That vacation. That together time we had. 
This jar was published in the Northridge Cricut's June Magazine. I used the Seashells CCR exclusive to create all of my shells. The jar was a Prego jar that I had cleaned well and then spray painted the lid. How's that for recycling? ;) I added a bit of burlap, filled it with sand and simply placed all of the other elements inside.   
Thank you as always for stopping by!  I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your visits and comments! 
Have a great day!!


9 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love your beautiful jar! I might have to try something like it for my daughter's new "beach cottage" room!

~Tammy~ said...

If only we could slow down time! I am glad to see I am not the only one who rescues items such as jars and cereal boxes, toilet paper rolls you name it from sudden death!

Darlene said...

Oh Michele this is such a precious memory project! CLEVER too ... awesome recycling idea!
I know how you are feeling with time going by so quickly ... just wait until it's your grandchildren that you are watching grow up so quickly in front of your eyes! (showing my age ... yikes)
I feel I've watched your children grow up right along with you ... because I remember so many years ago when they were just little kids and now they are turning 18 and getting jobs and all that ADULT stuff. Cling to every precious moment (as I know you do) and I'm proud of you for taking care of all those legal issues ... a very difficult thing to do and so many people just keep putting it off but it must be satisfying to know that those affairs are in order.
HUGS to you my friend and thanks for always inspiring me ... in so many ways!!!

vdoyle8 said...

I get it, Michele -- my daughter is leaving for college in two weeks, my son moved across the country and my husband has been diagnosed with cancer ... I get wanting to hold tight to precious moments

Fotf said...

I love this, i have a large jar that i've been planning to do something similar with as i have lots of bits and bobs of shells from odd holidays we've had. My biggest problem is getting a small amount of sand to put in it but hope to complete it before too long :)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a fabulous project for a treasured photo!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Donna said...

Michele, I love this idea! I have some sand that I brought back from a vacation and haven't been able to think of a way to use it and now I know! Thanks for the idea. You did a great job!

Jen W. said...

Now that is a cool idea! Gonna have to try that with some pink Bermuda sand...

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this! My roommate and I have been collecting jars for craft projects but I do not think we have come across a Prego jar yet...we may have to get cooking! We both love to use burlap and I never would have thought to use it with a jar before! Can't wait to make this and capture a great memory. Thanks for the idea!