Saturday, September 21, 2013

100 Days of School Treat Cups

I have one last school project to share with you today.  Since most schools celebrate the 100th day of school, why not alter Dixie cups and fill 'em up with treats! I used my Cricut to create the stars and welded the number with the apple. I added a little tag that I had run through my printer. 
And of course I couldn't resist adding loads of glitter to my apples!

Today is bitter sweet for me.   I truly feel blessed to be spending the day apple picking with my family. But sad that it would have been my very best friend's 42nd birthday today.  I think about her everyday.  There has been a hole in my heart for the last 4 years.  They say that time heals all wounds....and I suppose they are right.  
The wound is healed, but the scar will remain.
She was a special person and never in a million years thought I'd have to say goodbye so soon. 
This was a LO I had created using the lyrics to P!nk's song, Who Knew......

Have a blessed weekend with your loved ones!



6 comments:

Laurel said...

Love those cups, I may have to make some for my class... now if only I knew how to weld on the Cricut???

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love your 100 days cups! Can you tell me what cartridge you used? I would love to make some.

I am sorry about your friend. My best friend died of cancer at the age of 40. Time does heal, but it still hurts and I miss her so!

Debby said...

The cups are really cute. So sorry about your friend. It is so hard to loose a best friend so young. Hugs

vdoyle8 said...

Your projects are lovely. That layout is a beautiful tribute to your dear friend. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Paula said...

Michele,

I enjoy your seeing all the beautiful creations you make. Your treat cups are adorable. The layout you made as a tribute to your best friend is truly lovely. It touched my heart because I know what you are feeling. I too lost my best friend. She was 47 when she died of cancer. I still miss her every single day. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Paula said...

Michele,

I enjoy your seeing all the beautiful creations you make. Your treat cups are adorable. The layout you made as a tribute to your best friend is truly lovely. It touched my heart because I know what you are feeling. I too lost my best friend. She was 47 when she died of cancer. I still miss her every single day. I'm so very sorry for your loss.