Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Many Thanks......

Good morning! 
:)
 I have a card to share with you today that uses texture paste and a stencil.  The stencil is by Heidi Swapp. I just adore these polka dots!.  Before applying the texture paste, I added a wee bit of silver paint and mixed it well.  I taped my stencil to the piece of card stock, and scraped it across using an old credit card.  I love the subtle texture it gives!
Since I wanted the background to take center stage, I added a few simple embellishments to finish off the card. 
The flowers were created using orange vellum and my Silhouette.  I added a couple of feathers, ribbon, and my stamped sentiment. As a final touch I added a few orange sequins. 
I feel as though lately, my blog is a bit blah.  I don't have as much time lately and I apologize for the numerous "short and sweet" posts.  I keep hoping my life will slow down just a tiny bit, but not sure if that's going to happen.  
I hope you can bare with me! 

Have a great day my friends!


5 comments:

Cindy said...

Love this card! And I really want to try this technique. I know what you mean about busy :-) Thanks for posting your creations on your fb page, too. It reminds me I need to visit!!

Toni said...

I really like the subtle vintage feel of this. Will have to try using texture paste. I'll pass on the feathers unless I want my cat even more into my card making space! Although you really make me want to try some!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is beautiful. Love all the texture and shine...You do such lovely work!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.

Life and Knits said...

Ah, Michele...this is just beautiful. Love all the texture and colors. So very pretty.

Susie