Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's Friday, it's Valentine's Day, and it's a half day institute at school.  I am a happy camper. :)
My longest week in history has finally come to an end!

I have a Valentine's Day banner to share with you that was published in last year's February issue of Cricut Magazine.  The pennants were cut using the Pretty Pennants cartridge.  I went with a traditional color scheme of pink and red....with a few touches of book paper, cream, and blue. 
I added clear dangling gems at the bottom to dress it up a bit and give it some movement. 
In between each pennant I a tied black tulle, blue string, and pearls.  The ends were finished with a dimensional flower.  
The flower was cut using the Flower Shoppe cartridge and adding a store bought flower to the center. 
Here is my girl all decked out for Valentine's Day.  She was so excited yesterday to pass out her treats to the students.  And was even more excited to eat the treats she received! ;)
Have a wonderful weekend with your sweeties! 

Check back later this weekend when I will be offering a pretty great stash of stuff to one lucky person! 


9 comments:

Birgit said...

That's a sweet banner! I love all the details you've added. Lots of eye candy! Your daughter is as pretty as always. So glad you get to enjoy some weekend time with your family.

Aileen said...

Wonderful banner. So glad she loves giving out treats, my daughter is the same. Loves making and giving and of course getting too.

JerilynnO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JerilynnO said...

Michele, I'm one of your silent followers. I keep up on your blog and just drool over your gorgeous work. You are very inspirational and I thank you for sharing your talents. I just want to say that your daughter is as cute as a button. She gets sweeter and sweeter with each year. She has certainly blossomed into a beautiful young lady. Dad might have to start carrying a stick around to keep those boys in line. Happy Valentines and thanks again for all your inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful banner. Courtney looks so pretty.

Darlene said...

Your banner is beautiful my friend and even more beautiful is your daughter. She's become such a beautiful young lady! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Michele! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I LOVE your Valentine banner! That is right up my shabby-loving alley! Absolutely love the crystals you added to the bottom, and the tulle and trim between each pennant is gorgeous, as are the flowers. I love the tiny pop of blue added into your color scheme.
Your daughter is beautiful, too. She looks so very happy it's Valentine's Day. :)

Elli Om said...

Ты выглядишь прекрасно! Спасибо за твой интересный блог!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous Banner.. love the details. And what a lovely picture of your dear too-