Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Happy Fourth of July!

This summer is really flying by!  (As I feared it would!)  Friday is the Fourth of July already! Around my neck of the woods, Thursday is really the big deal.  Our town holds a parade and fireworks.  You know what the best part is? We can see the fireworks from the comfort of our back yard!
I am always the crazy camera lady taking pictures of everyone, everything, so be prepared for a million photos this weekend!

I created a fun layout for Northridge Publishing's Cricut magazine, using a Cricut cartridge called, Home for the Holidays-Spring/Summer.  It has these awesome rosettes! I dunked the edges in tacky glue and dipped it in glass glitter.  
I spritzed the background with a bit of silver glimmer mist and added some red gems.
I added a large star as my focal point.  I added the glittered rosettes, and my banner title.  

I will be back tomorrow and Friday with a project from Scrapbook Adhesives 3L and my first project for SRM Stickers.  So I hope you will find a few minutes to pop on over!
Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

What an awesome layout...I love all the gold glitter! I hoard my chunky glass glitter, thanks for the inspiration!

reeree62 said...

Love the layout, and the colors...especially love that hat, on that beautiful face! <3 Happy Fourth!
Having a party on the 5th...thankfully our weather(with hurricane Arthur) is cooperating!
Enjoy!!!