Wednesday, July 16, 2014

JustRite's New Release-Snowflakes!

Snowflakes?  Did someone say snowflakes?
I know it is the middle of July, but honestly our weather here yesterday was only 60 degrees! 
So I guess snowy weather isn't that far off! LOL!  
Today is JustRite's last release for this month.
The set is appropriately called, Snowflakes
I picked up a few wooden doilies at Michaels awhile back with the intention of making ornaments.  I painted it all white, gave it a coat of glossy accents, and sprinkled it with glitter. 
I used the SVG cut and my Silhouette for the snowflake. I then stamped it in Versamark and embossed it in silver. 
I inked the edges with a bit of orange and pink inks. Before I adhered it to the wooden doily, I wound some orange and silver thread behind it and tacked it into place.  Then with dimensional foam squares (By Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L) I adhered the snowflake over the string so just a bit was peeking out.  
The poinsettia is a Silhouette cut.  I cut it with cream card stock and gave it some color using my Spectrum Noir markers. I placed it right in the middle of the snowflake.  


Be sure to see the other DT members' beautiful projects!



I am off for a day of shopping and lunch with my girlfriends!
I have much to share with you, but will wait until tomorrow.
Have a great day!


3 comments:

Blue Rose said...

Michele,
How gorgeous is your little ornament. Great colors. Great job. Sorry it's that last day, been having so much fun.

A Country Twinkle said...

Beautiful ornament!

Mary Jones said...

Love it nice