Wednesday, July 16, 2014

JustRite's New Release-Snowflakes!

Snowflakes?  Did someone say snowflakes?
I know it is the middle of July, but honestly our weather here yesterday was only 60 degrees! 
So I guess snowy weather isn't that far off! LOL!  
Today is JustRite's last release for this month.
The set is appropriately called, Snowflakes
I picked up a few wooden doilies at Michaels awhile back with the intention of making ornaments.  I painted it all white, gave it a coat of glossy accents, and sprinkled it with glitter. 
I used the SVG cut and my Silhouette for the snowflake. I then stamped it in Versamark and embossed it in silver. 
I inked the edges with a bit of orange and pink inks. Before I adhered it to the wooden doily, I wound some orange and silver thread behind it and tacked it into place.  Then with dimensional foam squares (By Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L) I adhered the snowflake over the string so just a bit was peeking out.  
The poinsettia is a Silhouette cut.  I cut it with cream card stock and gave it some color using my Spectrum Noir markers. I placed it right in the middle of the snowflake.  

Be sure to see the other DT members' beautiful projects!

I am off for a day of shopping and lunch with my girlfriends!
I have much to share with you, but will wait until tomorrow.
Have a great day!


~amy~ said...

I love it!!

Blue Rose said...

How gorgeous is your little ornament. Great colors. Great job. Sorry it's that last day, been having so much fun.

CountryTwinkle said...

Beautiful ornament!

Mary Jones said...

Love it nice