Monday, September 1, 2014

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge and Linky Party!

Did you miss me? 
 I have certainly missed all of you! 
Not only did our family have the adventure of a lifetime in Branson, MO, but my computer has been in the shop for the past two weeks!  I finally got it back Saturday, and am now trying to play, "catch up!" I have 550 pictures to edit from the last several weeks and I am trying to prioritize what's most important.  On top of that, school started, and now much of my time is spent writing lesson plans, and completing computer modules.  
But that is not why you are here.
You have stopped by, I am sure, to see something crafty, not to listen to me ramble about how busy life is!
Today is the start of a new month. (almost) Which means it is time for our fall challenge over at Crafty Secrets. 
I decided on a Halloween shaker card.  I used Crafty Secret's vintage cuts.  Just a few punches, some sequins, and a few embellishments and you can make a card fun and interactive! 
I have a full step by step tutorial below to show you the process I took to create this card. 
 
First grab an image from the Halloween Creative Scraps collection, a few circle punches, and punch various sized holes into your image. 
You will need some type of tacky glue.....
And a piece of acetate. 
I spread glue around the back of the tag.  (Yes, there is an image on this side as well....the beauty of the creative scraps!)  ;)
Place the acetate over the glue and use something to hold it in place.....like clothespins!
Take dimensional foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L) and surround each of circles.  This prevents your sequins from leaking out.  As you can see, I am the furthest thing from OCD! HA! I am seriously the messiest crafter ever! No rhyme or reason...just surround those punched holes!
Drop a few sequins in each of the circles. 
Place black paper directly over the foam tape. 
 I wanted to leave a bit of a black border so I cute around the outside of the tag with my scalloped scissors. 
Grab some seam binding and tie it vertically around your card.  Take a bit more and tie a second bow and glue it on top of first bow. 
I had some fun black sprigs of leaves and berries from Michaels.  I used tacky glue to glue it in place. 
I added another leave at the top to balance it.  I glued a couple of orange berries to the center. 
As a final touch I added a couple of posies.  
Halloween is right around the corner...and now this gal will be prepared! 
Be sure to visit the other gals' blogs for their beautiful fall creations and tutorials!
Have a great day! So glad to be back!



11 comments:

Glenda said...

Such a cute creation and I loved your tutorial!

Darlene said...

WOW! How do you get it all done? LOL! This is such a fun & fabulous creation! Love the decorative elements and your tutorial is AWESOME! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your creativity with all of us!!
HUGS & CONGRATS to Courtney!!

Diane said...

This is a fantastic shaker card...I am so intrigued by it...I want to make one, too...lol!! Wonderful tutorial, too!!!

Elizabeth said...

Would you believe through all the years I have never made a shaker card. Great card and very easy to follow tutorial (easy to guess you are a teacher LOL) To repeat what Darlene said, I also don't know how you get it all done. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Michele, what an adorable Halloween tag! I love your idea to add the polka dot holes and your tutorial is excellent.

Sandy

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I have never made a shaker card, Michele, but with this excellent tutorial and your wonderfully inspiring sample, I am going to try to make one with my granddaughter, Sophie. Wonderful project! Thank you!

Kathy F says... said...

Super cute and a great idea! Thanks for sharing your tutorial!

Unknown said...

Your tutorial made the making of shaker cards just that much easier and inspiring to make; thank you for sharing! Did I mention Fun? Absolutely FUN!

Cammie said...

Great tutorial and super fun card!

Sheila Rumney said...

Love how you made this into a shaker card! Thanks for the amazing tutorial on how to do this. Congrats to Courtney... what an incredible experience for her! And I can only imagine what it meant to you! Hugs, Sheila

Gloria Stengel said...

This too adorable for words! I am going to CASE this idea one day! I let a friend talk me into GOBS of sequins and need ideas for using them up! This is the BEST one I have seen in ages!