Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Water Colors and Stickers!

Created by Michele Kovack
Good morning my friends! I am up on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog today! I love Donna Salazar's Oak Tissue tape and that became the inspiration for the rest of the card.
I water colored this flower stamp by Stampendous in shades of brown, red, and gold. I added pearls to the centers using SBby3L's DODZ™ Mini. The sentiment is by SRM Stickers.
Created by Michele Kovack
The flower was adhered to some Girlie Grunge twine and then layered over the background created with the Oak tissue tape. The rest of  the layers were given depth with SBby3L's Crafty Foam tape. I added a few sequins and again attached them with the new DODZ™ Mini . Much easier than glue!
Created by Michele Kovack
And now for my continue home improvement saga......
Dum, dum, dum.........
I had left a can of brand new white enamel paint on my kitchen table because I have been painting all of the baseboard on the main floor.  My dog must have been scratching at the table looking for food when her paw caught the edge of the handle.  She managed to pull the entire can down.  An ENTIRE gallon of white paint spilled on my brand new hardwood floors.  I was hysterical calling for Brian.  He grabbed the dog and threw her in the shower. (She couldn't get out and track more paint throughout the house)  We spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning up paint.  I ruined my clothes, 7 beach towels, and entire can of paint, (obviously), and 2 packs of new washcloths.  We got the paint up, but due to the amount of scrubbing we did, we managed to take off the varnish.
I was in tears.
I called my floor guy and he is going to come out this week to buff it and put another coat of polyurethane on the floor.  Unfortunately that means I have to empty out my kitchen.
Again.
*sigh*
Keep your fingers crossed that he can match the other side of the floor which is my living room.
My life is never dull
ever.
Some day we will laugh about this right? 
Oh, and the dog?
Don't worry, she lived to see another day. ;) 

Have a great one! 

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Did you hear me gasp....I'm so sorry about the paint fiasco....hang in there.
Your card ----> gorgeous

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful card! And about your floor, noooooooo! That is so terrible but in 10 years you will laugh about it...okay maybe 20.

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful card! And about your floor, noooooooo! That is so terrible but in 10 years you will laugh about it...okay maybe 20.

Regina said...

Oh my gosh, I just can't imagine! I feel sorry for the dog, I feel sorry for you but most of all I am glad it ended well, sort of! I do love your card.

Ohhh Snap said...

Beautiful, beautiful card! I'm pining for that tissue tape. And oh my that's the wrong sort of painting adventure! Gravity can be such a treacherous thing.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the color in the flower and it looks great against the wood!!
So sorry to hear about your paint adventure, oh my that would be quite disappointing that's for sure.

TK said...

Absolutely splendid! LOVE the superbly watercolored flower on that tape! Sorry to hear about the dog adventures, but I'm glad that all is well in the end, including the dog :o)

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful flower, beautifully colored, and love that oak tissue tape! Cute little stars sprinkled around -- very creative and a sweet touch. Not a fun adventure with the paint on your new hardwood!

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

This is a nice card. Great idea!
http://cdebacacrafts.blogspot.com

Ladyvenom said...

Gorgeous card. Yes one of those stories you will definitely laugh at one day soon. I always try to look on the bright side, but this was pretty much a fiasco. You sound like you have a wonderful spirit so I know you will laugh at this. And again your card beautiful!!! 😊

Ladyvenom said...

Gorgeous card. Yes one of those stories you will definitely laugh at one day soon. I always try to look on the bright side, but this was pretty much a fiasco. You sound like you have a wonderful spirit so I know you will laugh at this. And again your card beautiful!!! 😊

Karen Letchworth said...

As unfortunate as that is, Michele, these are the moments we remember the most. Life is a journey, and without the rain...there can be no rainbows.
Hugs,
Karen