Friday, June 24, 2016

Polychromo Pencils and a Summertime Image!

Created by Michele Kovack
Good morning my fellow crafty sisters! (And maybe brothers too?  Not sure who really reads this lil' blog!) I am up on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog today with this fun summertime card! The image and sentiment are from Stampendous.  I stamped it on kraft cardstock with black Memento ink.  I recently purchased the Polychromo pencils and decided to practice a bit with them. To line up my sentiment I used my Mini Misti.  I added Stickles to the water as well as glossy accents.  I wanted it to look like the water was glittery and bright from the sun.
Created by Michele Kovack
I layered my image over white and a pink card stock base using Scrapbook Adhesives Crafty foam tape.  I tied Donna Salazar's Girlie Grunge twine in pink at the top.  I decided that the card didn't need anything else at that point.  (Sometimes it is difficult to restrain myself!)
Created by Michele Kovack
It is crazy to think that a year ago today Cortney was admitted to the hospital for the next 14 days, with a staph infection and subsequent skin flap. I didn't see much of summer last year.  Now one year later, she is living an incredible and busy life at Misericordia, and I am golfing, shopping, catching up with friends and family, crafting, and spending time with my hubby. What a difference a year can make!  
Tonight I am golfing for the 11th time this summer....dining el fresco afterwards.
Life is good.
Thank you for stopping and supporting my incredibly inconsistent blog! LOL!


Jeanne said...

This is beautiful. You've colored it wonderfully. It is amazing how much can change in a year. So happy to hear that you are enjoying this summer and your daughter is enjoying her new life as well. :)

Carol H. said...

Your card is beautiful!! I love the way the water turned out--looks very real!! So glad your summer is going great and your daughter's too!

loudowning54 said...

Beautiful card! So glad you're enjoying yourself too.

Debra said...

You did a beautiful job on this card! So happy to hear both you and Cortney are enjoying life.

Joan B said...


cm said...

Your card is gorgeous; again, I'm WOWed with your colouring skills! How wonderful to hear your summer is filled with fabulous activities and a whole lot of joy!