Sunday, March 17, 2019

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day my friends! Anyone having corned beef and cabbage?  Attending a parade?  Drinking green beer?
I am not Irish, but I think everyone has a little bit in them right? ;)
I have a card celebrating today using Whimsy Stamp's Beaucoup Bouquet stamp set. 
I stamped the flowers and leaves randomly on green paper.   I colored them using Prisma Colored Pencils.  I took white paint and splattered it across the paper. 
I used Spellbinder's heart dies to cut 3 small hearts to create a Shamrock.  I hand cut a stem and gave it a bit of depth using Distress Ink in Twisted Citron.  I wanted something for the center of the Shamrock, so I thought a flower and leaves using the Peony die set was perfect. I used glossy accents on the outer edges of each heart and sprinkled it with Glamour Dust. 
For the background I used an old embossing folder I had in my stash to add a bit of interest and texture. I used the Smile Word die for my sentiment.  I inked the top of the letters a bit using Tim Holtz' Distress Ink in Twisted Citron.  Then coated it with glossy accents and Glamour Dust. 

I assembled the card adhering everything in place.  I added a few rhinestones and clear droplets from the Sparkletz Lucky Charms collection.   

I hope you all have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!!

Supplies:
*NEW Beaucoup Bouquet Clear StampsSmile Large Word DieGlossy AccentsDecoArt® Glamour DustPeony Flower DieSparkletz - Lucky Charms

No comments: