Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Some cards are easy.....and some take 4 days to make!


This card was about ready for the garbage! I first tried to color it using my Prisma colored pencils. For whatever reason it kept smearing the black ink and muddying up the colors. I had stamped it using the Palette Noir. Didn't look good.....threw it away! Stamped it again, and then used my Copics. This time the colors were more vibrant....almost too vibrant. I wasn't sure I liked my color choices....almost threw it away...again. Then I had this idea to use the crystal lacquer in the sepia color. It muted the bright colors and actually looked pretty good. So I took it a step further and glittered all the snow! Now mind you this was a process that took about 4 days.....Finally when all the lacquer and glitter were added, I kinda liked it. So I layered, sewed and added this pretty gold glittery ribbon....and finally it was done! WHEW! Why is it that some cards come together 1, 2, 3, and others take.....4 days?

20 comments:

Shabbychick Junk said...

Hiya! Just checkin in on you to see what you're up to! ALL GOOD, I SEE! I think this is beautiful! I have card days like that too, so I can completely relate!

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, love it, glad you did not give up, it is awesome.

Anonymous said...

it might have taken four days but it looks awesome!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

It was well worth the time. . .it's absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Very nice end result!! Sometimes it just takes a bit longer, huh? Great job! :)

joslyn said...

hi! i do hold my camera at an angle. it is kind of a bad habbit now. sometimes i download all my pictures and i am thinking, can't i take a strait picture. lol.

very nice card. love the end result!

Alex said...

Glad you did not throw this one away because it is GORGEOUS girl!!! Love it! Sometimes, things are worth waiting for!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

ktstamps said...

Absolutely beautiful.

I haven't used my pencils, I have the tin of 120! Maybe I should sell them on ebay! :) kt

Kristine said...

This looks just perfect. Very soft and pretty and sparkly. :)

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

It is a work of art, 4 days?? You are better than me to stick that out...but it looks absolutely gorgeous!!!!Glad you stuck it out.
chris

Anonymous said...

Glad you stuck with it, it looks lovely!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful! Your coloring and sparkle looks so pretty! I love the sewing as well!

Unknown said...

Good lord, a 4 day card??!! That is insane, frame it instead of sending with that kind of work, it's a masterpiece not a card.
I'm getting some new ink this weekend, I'll let you know if that one smears too.

Corie said...

This is so GORGEOUS. It is worth EVERY minute!!

Deborah said...

Good for you for sticking with this one, it was worth it! Beautiful card! Deb

Michelle said...

HOLY TAR!! This is so amazing, Michele. Wow!!!

Deb said...

It is extraordinary how long one card can take, this card was well worth the time it is stunning.

Heather P. said...

Oh, how beautiful!

Kirsi said...

This is just stunning! Great work.

sophia landry said...

I just love what you did with this card! I often find that I have to tinker alot until I get a card I like, I think it is common with all of us. Very lovely and very worth all the effort.