Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Working Gal's Simple card!

I wanted to make a card last night...but was getting tired. Over the weekend I had colored some of the images that Florence had sent me. I really love my Prismas! So last night I pulled this little guy out and adhered him to some chocolate card stock. I layered it again on the red scalloped paper and again on the light brown. Paper was from DCWV. I distressed the layers. I wanted to sew.....but was really not in the mood....so no sewing..... I added some scalloped chocolate paper to peek out from behind and added some black sparkly dots. Then.....I added this "dog" tag. Does anyone remember these? I bought them probably 10 years ago and thought at the time how cool they were! They came with like a thousand individual words printed on "dog" tags! I am really digging into my old supplies lately! I used my Sharpie to highlight the word, heart. I added a red heart and drew a paw print on it. I also used a bit of ribbon and stamped the I and You with my Snap stamps. I think for my next blog candy which will be soon....whenever I can get my butt to the store, I am going to ask people to use some old supplies....old paper, old stamps, old embellishments....so start thinking!

22 comments:

Michelle said...

What a cute little doggie! I love it!

Alex said...

that is a darling dog card Michele - love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alhambra Club said...

OMG, this is too funny, we both have the same image today. Love your card and the black and red.

Erica Payne said...

Lovin' the little dog. Your coloring is great.

Bevie Pearl said...

Hi Michele......How is school going? I will call you this week.
Love the card....... :)

Rose Ann said...

That little dog is so cute, and colored beautifully! Love your adorable card!

Anonymous said...

Awesome coloring on your cute dog! Great card!!!

Ashley said...

SO CUTE! I love that doggie!!! ADORABLE! Hugs! Ash~

www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

Oh how cute - love the colors

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Simple or not, it's ADORABLE!

Jennifer Hodge said...

I think that is the cutest little card. I really like the colors together and the dog tag looks great on it!

Unknown said...

Very cute, I love the coloring and it is still involved for a simple card woman! I'm impressed.
I remember those dogtags but suprisingly I don't own any but I could use an excuse to use some bead letters I bought 6 years ago and never used!
Call me anytime, Fox Security has an answering machine. lol

Laura Roth said...

That dog is so adoreable!!!! I love this card! Great job!!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

this is cute!!

Corie said...

SO adorable -- made me smile.

Unknown said...

So cute!! Love your coloring and the colors!!

Stamp With Linz said...

This little dog is darling! I love the color combo, red & brown are fabulous! :)

Kristine said...

CUTE...love that doggy stamp!! Your colors are so perfect for this too--compliments him well. ;)

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Too cute! I love how you put this one together!
:-)

Kirsi said...

Just so cute!

Andrea, said...

Great card, that dog is so cute

Becky G said...

That little doggie is sooo cute! Love it!