Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sweet n' Sassy's Newest Release!

I love penguins! There is something so endearing about these animals. So this brand new set from Sweet n' Sassy (released tomorrow!) was right up my alley. I did some paper piecing on the mother penguin. The paper is by Creative Imaginations. I used The scalloped edges for the edge of the card as well. I cuttlebugged the Lasting Impression's paper. I have been on a bit of a felt kick......I'm telling ya that if it is on my desk I am using it! (Just like that dang KI paper!) So I cut the felt into tiny hearts and used a Sharpie to outline the edges. I added a button brad and cut up the sentiment. And there ya have it, a shabified penguin!

Just an FYI, my card yesterday mistakingly stated that those plant thingys were "Pussywillows." My MIL informed me that they are NOT Pussywillows, they ARE cat tails. Obviously, I need to go back to science class! So Simone, you were right........but at least I made ya laugh!

15 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the penguins and what a great combination of papers and colour.
Alison

Kelly said...

Love you paper pieced penguin he is adorable!! Congrats on your DT!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty - love the color combination.

Michelle said...

Oh, wow, what awesome penguins. WOW!!!

I didn't get to see the "pussywillow" thing. That's funny. We always called them cat-o-nine tails. Funny slip, Michele!

Anonymous said...

what an adorable penguin..so cute:)x

Michelle said...

forgot to tell you, I tagged you. I also have to say again, this card is so cool!

Alex said...

Your paper piecing is awesome Michele - I really love this card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alhambra Club said...

Love the paper piecing, this card is fantastic.

Very Mary said...

We actually do have pussywillows here, and they're just starting to bloom. In January. In the freezing cold.

Rose Ann said...

You never cease to amaze, Michele! Wonderful card! I love it!

Penny said...

It's fantastic! Love all the texture and the penguins are great :)

Michelle said...

Another incredible card! WOW! Love the paper!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Congrats again on the DT! I would of never thought to paper piece the penguin. I love what you did with this stamp set!

:-)

Marlou McAlees said...

Michelle!! I really love this card!! and how you paper pieced the penguin :) I too am a lover of penguins :) gorgeous!! xx

JenMarie said...

This is FABulous!!! This set is so on my wish list....LOVE penguins!!